These crispy and crunchy Air Fryer Zucchini Fries are easy to make and certainly pleases the crowd. It’s a healthier substitute to the regular fries. Its an oil free and vegan snack or appetizer for all age groups.
We are very fond of fried crispy and crunchy snacks. But because of its calories, deep fried snacks tend to be unhealthy. However, since I got my Air Fryer, I have been experimenting quite a bit and these zucchini fries in air fryer has been our favorite.
Now, we enjoy my version of fries’ guilt free. Even kids are extremely fond of this zucchini recipe. Until, I innovated this recipe I did not know zucchini in air fry would be so awesome and comforting. We all are zucchini fan now.
After getting approvals from my family and friends, I am excited to share my zucchini fry recipe with you all.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
Cayenne pepper powder
Dairy free milk
Overall, I have used only 7 ingredients in this recipe and they are easily available. Moreover, zucchini is in season right now and this healthy vegetable is the main ingredient here.
- Zucchini – when in season I try to include this veggie into my family’s diet frequently. This time I came up with a savory crispy snack with it. It comes from a squash family and is very healthy and light on tummy as well.
- Chickpea flour – I used it to include a little protein into this recipe. Moreover, it’s gluten free flour and fits well into most of the diets.
- Dairy free milk – I used it just a little bit instead of plain water to give it a nice creamy taste to it.
- Panko crumbs – I used this instead of bread crumbs because panko made these zucchinis crispier. I tried it with bread crumbs as well but panko worked best in this case.
How to make Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
Firstly, I sliced zucchini in fries shape.
Secondly, I combined chickpea flour, oregano, cayenne pepper powder, salt and milk
to form a thick batter.
Next, I tossed zucchini slices in the batter.
Then, rolled each slice in panko crumbs.
Thereafter, I placed them in the air fryer basket and air fried at 350 degree for 10-15 minutes.
Lastly, I served them immediately with ketchup.
I am sure by now; you must have realized it is super easy to make. I would insist you to make these vegan zucchini fries immediately so that you and your family can enjoy.
It is also a great and easy party snack. I guarantee that your guests would love these and will appreciate you immensely for this zucchini recipe.
- Make sure to generously quote each zucchini slice with panko to get the crispy texture.
- You may toss all the zucchini slices in the batter at the same time but take each slice out and then cover it with panko to get neat pieces of fries as the end result.
- Greasing them with cooking spray brings out a nice color and makes it crunchier. However, using cooking spray is totally optional.
You may make the batter and marinate zucchini in it for about 2 days and refrigerate. When ready to use simply take it out half hour an before air frying and then follow the steps as mentioned in the recipe card below.
Yes, absolutely. I have tried baked zucchini version and it tastes equally good. Simply bake them at 425-degree Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes or until done. I have explained it in detail in the notes below the post.
They have a mild taste of everything. They are crunchy in every bite and has with a juicy soft vegetable inside. Overall, it a savory snack for all ages.
Zucchini is a healthy vegetable. I have made this zucchini fries recipe without any oil. Also, I used chickpea flour to add nutrition instead of regular flour. Therefore, these are healthier comparatively.
I have explained the details with the image in the recipe card under instructions. However, firstly, I cut it into 4 cylindrical shapes and then sliced them vertically into two slices. Then, again I cut each slice vertically into 3 triangle kind of shape.
No, rinse it nicely and pat dry. Then, use it as explained in the recipe.
If you are not a zucchini person then I am sure I can change your mind with my recipe. I have provided two ways of cooking option. So, whether you make baked zucchini fries or air fried zucchini, I guarantee you will love this vegetable and make these fries frequently.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram with your recipe image because we would love to see what you cooked.
If you would like to explore more delicious recipes of mine then you may checkout my cookbooks.
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Cut the zucchini horizontally into 4(cylindrical shape). Then slice each of them vertically into two halves. Then slice them again vertically so that they look like fries.
- In a mixing bowl combine chickpea flour,oregano, cayenne pepper powder, salt and dairy free milk. Whip it up and make a thick batter. Keep panko crumbs ready in a separate bowl/plate.
- Now, toss zucchini pieces into chickpea batter and mix gently with a spoon.
- Then, take each zucchini slice that's well covered with the batter and roll them in panko crumbs generously. ( roll one zucchini slice at a time to get the neat pieces as the end result).
- Place them in the air fryer basket. Grease them with cooking spray and attach the air fryer basket with air fryer and turn it on at 350-degree Fahrenheit and air fry them for 10 minutes. If it is crispy enough for you then take them out or else air fry them for another 5 minutes. (Do not exceed 15 minutes or else they will burn).
- Serve immediately with your choice of dip.
- For oven option: Cover the cookie sheet with a parchment paper and place each zucchini slices at regular gaps. Grease them with cooking spray and then, place the cookie sheet in a pre-heated oven and bake it at 425-degree Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- This recipe tastes best when served immediately.
- This recipe makes 24 zucchini fries and the serving size is 4 fries each person.