These easy Air Fryer Avocado Fries are creamy from inside and crispy from outside. It’s made with few simple ingredients and is a crowd pleaser vegan snack or appetizer.
Air Fryers are so simple to use and contributes greatly to healthy eating options.
Basically, I try and cook mostly in air fryer and this time I decided to go with avocados.
Yes…. avocadoes can be safely cooked. It tastes amazingly delicious. It’s my first time to try and cook avocado and let me tell you…it was my best decision ever.
What type of avocado works here?
The avocado should be large, ripe that means its skin should not be green but not extremely brown either. When you hold it, should be firm and when you press it, you should feel it a slight hard.
Once you get the trick and the right avocado this recipe is a breeze and requires no babysitting.
Is it safe to cook avocado?
Yes, absolutely. It’s a myth that avocado should not be cooked. Of course, the raw avocado is the best to consume to get the its maximum health benefits. However, cooking avocado at the right temperature and to the right time also has its own benefits. If you over cook avocadoes, it might taste bitter. Therefore, it important to follow the instructions in this recipe.
I usually add it raw in my tofu sandwich but this air fryer avocado is absolutely outstanding in taste and texture.
Therefore, here I am sharing today air fryer avocado fries recipe today.
Ingredients you will need
I have used these easily available ingredients in this recipe which you may buy from any local grocery store. However, I have provided links to few of them here for your convenience.
If you plan to buy from these affiliate links then I get a small commission which in turn encourages me to bring in more delicious recipes for you all.
Avocado – it is healthy fats along with being fiber rich. But we also have to keep its servings in mind because it is also high in calories at the same time. Large firm avocado works great in this recipe.
Chickpea flour – its gluten free and high in protein. It’s a whole grain and comes in two varieties. One made from garbanzo beans and the other made from chickpea lentils. Both works in this avocado fries recipe.
Panko crumbs – it’s a Japanese style bread crumbs which is vegan naturally. It helps in crisping better than other breadcrumbs.
For detailed measurement of ingredients and baking instructions, please scroll down to the printable recipe card.
How to make Air Fryer Avocado Fries
Step 1: how to slice
Firstly, I made a cut mark vertically on avocado with a sharp knife and separated them into two halves.
Secondly, I made thin slices of it while it was still with the skin and made a cut horizontal as well.
Next, with a spoon, I gently took separated each slice from its skin and kept it aside.
Step 2: how to prepare the batter
Firstly, I combined chickpea flour, salt, garlic powder and chili powder in a bowl. Then, I mixed it with a spoon.
Secondly, I added water in it and whipped it into a smooth batter.
Also, I combined panko crumbs on a flat plate and kept it aside.
Step 3: how to assemble
In this step, I dipped all the slices in the chickpea flour batter and gently covered each slice in the batter.
Secondly, with the help with a fork I rolled each slice in the panko crumbs.
Step 4: how to cook
In this step I placed all the breaded slice in the basket and then attached it to the air fryer.
Next, I turned it on at 350 degrees for only 10 minutes.
Once done, I turned it off and took it out.
I served them immediately with my favorite vegan ranch.
- Avocadoes tend to brown very quickly so the best trick here would be to prepare the batter first and then put all the slices in the batter.
- Make sure to slice them while it’s still in the skin. This keeps its color intact and handling is easier also.
- It is important to follow the cooking time for the best results.
It’s a must try and satisfies any cravings for those fried crunchy snacks in a healthier way.
This tastes best when served immediately. If kept for longer it might lose its texture.
This is oil free and is baked and or air fried. It’s made healthier chickpea flour and avocado with a coating of panko. Therefore, overall, it’s a healthier recipe that can be enjoyed frequently.
Yes! Simply dip the slices in the batter and then roll in panko. Then, place them on the prepared baking sheet and bake them in the preheated oven at 375-degree Fahrenheit for only 20 minutes. Turn it off and take it out and then serve immediately.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with 5-star ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram with your recipe remake images because we would love to see what you cooked.
You may also check out my cookbook for everyday vegan comfort recipes.
Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- Make a slight cut vertically on the avocado with a sharp knife. Separate the two pieces. With the knife make thin slices vertically then cut it once horizontally from the middle while its still with the skin. Now with the help of a spoon gently scoop each sliced avocado from its skin. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl, combine chickpea flour, salt, garlic powder, chili powder and water. Whip it into a smooth batter. Keep panko crumbs ready in a separate flat plate.
- Now, put the all the avocado slices in the chickpea flour batter. Do not mix it too much or else it will become mushy. Gently, roll each slice in the batter or cover each slice with the batter roughly with a spoon without handling avocado too much. Pick it with a fork from the bottom and roll it generously in panko crumbs. Place it immediately in the air fryer basket.
- Repeat the above step with the rest of the avocado slices.
- Attach the air fryer basket to the air fryer and turn it on at 350 degree for 10 minutes. When done, turn it off and detach the basket. Serve immediately with your favorite dip.
- Baking option: Preheat oven at 375-degree Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet with a parchment paper. Place all the breaded avocado slices on the prepared baking sheet and place it in the middle rack of the oven. Bake it for 20 minutes and turn it off. Take it out and enjoy immediately. (Do not exceed the baking time).
- Also, do not exceed the air fryer time as well. If cooked for longer avocadoes may turn bitter from inside.
- It’s a filling recipe so be careful of the serving size.
- This recipe tastes best when served immediately.
- Make sure to buy ripe but firm avocado for the best results.
- 1 large avocado serves 4.