These easy Air Fryer Apple Fritters are healthier form of the traditional Fall dessert. Its made vegan and oil free with few simple ingredients. They are nut free and have the perfect crunch to it in every bite with being soft from inside.
However, I made air fryer apple dumplings last year and it was an instant hit.
Therefore, apple recipes are a must in my house and we enjoy this fruit in a variety of ways.
What are apple fritters?
Traditionally it’s a donut stuffed with cinnamon and apples and then deep fried. Later, it is glazed generously. However, overtime, vegan versions have been developed. With that came an easier way to make this dessert along with healthier version also.
Hence, I made these vegan apple fritters even more healthy by avoiding oil free completely and air fried them. Plus, I made its batter with brown rice flour to make it gluten free also.
So, lets get started with air fryer apple fritters recipe.
Ingredients you will need
Brown rice flour
Sugar free glaze
I have used these easily available ingredients which you may buy from any grocery store. However, I have provided links to few of them here for your convenience.
If you plan to buy from these affiliate links then I get a small commission which in turn encourages me to bring in more delicious recipes for you all.
Apples – it’s a juicy Fall fruit with lot of health benefits along with being low in calories. I used Honeycrisp apples here with its skin and that works excellent.
Brown rice flour – it has its own earthy flavor but helps in crisping fritters. You may also use regular rice flour here.
Flaxmeal – This helps fluffing and binding along with adding fiber and omega 3.
Oat milk – almond milk, hemp milk or rice milk also works here.
Cornstarch – this helps in thickening the glaze.
Maple syrup – this is a healthier sweetener but since it is in liquid form so stick to the measurements.
For detailed measurement of the ingredients, please scroll down to the printable recipe card.
How to make Air Fryer Apple Fritters
Firstly, I chopped apples into small cubes and kept it aside. I also, placed parchment paper to the air fryer basket and kept it ready.
Secondly, I combined brown rice flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon powder and flaxmeal and mixed it well.
Next, I added oat milk, vanilla extract and maple syrup to it. Then, I whipped it into a thick soft batter.
Thereafter, I folded in the chopped apples to it and mixed it.
Afterwards, I scooped the batter in the prepared basket and attached it to the air fryer.
Then, I turned it on at 400 degree for 10 minutes. Once done, I detached it and gently took out them out with spatula on a flat plate. I repeated air frying for the rest of the batter.
In the meanwhile, I prepared the glaze and for this, I combine all its ingredients in a saucepan and whisked it until there were no lumps.
Then, I turned on the flame and let it boil for couple of minutes continuously whisking so as to avoid clumps.
Lastly, I turned it off and generously topped all the apple fritters with this sugar free glaze.
All was gone within minutes and it became my family’s favorite dessert this season.
Therefore, I guarantee that once you try this one bowl apple fritters you will want it again and again. Moreover, its super easy to make and is quick as well.
To bake them in the oven?
Preheat your oven at 400-degree Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Follow the steps to make the batter. Then, scoop the batter on the prepared baking sheet and keep a gap of ¼ inch between each fritter. Place it in the middle rack of the oven and bake it for 20 minutes. Turn it off and let it rest in the warm oven for 2 minutes. This helps n crisping and browning a bit. Take it out, glaze them and enjoy immediately.
- Make sure to start with making the glaze while air frying your second batch. Then, pour the glaze on each one of them while its hot. Do not let the glaze cool down before topping the fritters.
- It is important to place the parchment paper with its exact size in the basket and while scooping the batter keep a gap of ¼ – ½ inch between them as they spread and rise while cooking.
- Do not try to air fry the entire batter at once. Depending on its size you air fry them in 2 -3 batches.
They taste best when consumed immediately. These has slight crunch on the outside and soft melt in mouth like texture from inside.
Its sweet with a slight crunch at its outside. It has a prominent taste of apples and the earthy taste of brown rice flour.
Yes! I made them oil free and sugar free. I also made its batter with brown rice flour which is healthier than all purpose flour.
Where to find me?
Follow me on Facebook or tag @kiipfit on Instagram with your recipe remake image because we love to see what you cooked. In addition, you may follow me on Pinterest if you love to pin and save it for later.
Did you make it?
If you make this recipe and enjoy it then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with a 5-star rating.
You may also check my cookbook for every day vegan comfort food recipe inspiration.
Air Fryer Apple Fritters
- Chop apple into small cubes and keep it aside. Place parchment paper in the air fryer basket. Make sure the parchment paper is the exact shape and size of the basket. No extra parchment paper should be hanging from any side.
- In a large mixing bowl combine brown rice flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and flaxmeal. Mix it well.
- Then in the same flour mixture add oat milk, vanilla extract and maple syrup to it. Whip it into a thick batter.
- Fold in chopped apples to it and mix well.
- Then, with the help of an ice cream scoop place 4-5 scoops of batter in the prepared air fryer basket. Attach it to the air fryer and turn it on at 400 degree for 10 minutes. Once done, detach the basket and gently take out one at a time gently releasing from the bottom with a flat spatula. Place them on a flat surface. Repeat this step for the rest of the batter.
- Make the glaze: In the meanwhile, in a saucepan combine the glaze ingredients and stir it well until there are no lumps. Turn on the flame and place it on the flame. Keep stirring continuously until the fist couple of bubbles and it starts to thicken. Turn off the flame and keep stirring vigorously until it thickens and reaches a thick but dripping consistency.
- With a spoon generously glaze each apple fritter while the glaze is still hot. Serve immediately.
- This tastes best when served immediately. You may refrigerate the leftovers for 2-3 days. Oven toast them for 4 minutes air fry them at 350 for 2 minutes.
- Depending on the size of your scoop this recipe makes 8-10 large sized apple fritters.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer you may need to make it in 2-3 batches.
- Brown rice flour has its own earthy taste so if desired you may substitute it with regular rice flour.
- This recipe makes about 10 fritters and the serving size is 1 fritter per person.
- oven bake option: Preheat oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a baking/cookie sheet with a parchment paper. Follow the steps in the instructions to whip up the batter. Then, scoop the batter on the prepared baking sheet. Keep a gap of 1/4 – 1/2 inch between each fritters. Place the sheet in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Turn it off and let them rest in the warm oven for 2 minutes. Take them out and glaze and enjoy immediately.