Thick, rich and creamy Oil Free Vegan Mayo is made with only 7 ingredients and in 7 minutes from start to finish! It’s ultra-delicious and versatile enough to be used as a spread or as a salad dressing.
I have always loved mayonnaise. So, therefore, I wanted to come up with a plant-based version that’s a bit healthier and lower in calories. It’s great to have dips and spreads in the refrigerator to snack on at the odd hours.
Ingredients for Oil Free Vegan Mayo
Raw cashew nuts (soaked in hot water)
Unsweetened coconut milk ( tetra pack)
How to make this Oil Free Vegan Mayo
Firstly, I soaked cashew nuts in a hot boiling water for about 5 minutes. Afterwards, I drained the nuts and then put them in the blender.
In my second step, I combined nutritional yeast, garlic, mustard powder and coconut milk in the blender along with the cashew nuts. Further, I blended it smooth until it became creamy and thick.
Finally, I spooned it out of the blender into the serving bowl.
Lastly, I mixed lemon juice and salt into the dip.
Now, enjoy with veggies or a sandwich spread or on your toast.
Isn’t this the easiest snack ever? Love every bit of it.
- It is important to stick to the measurements to get to the exact mayo taste.
- Further, do not go overboard with the liquid. Most importantly, make sure to stick to the measurement as mentioned in the recipe so as to achieve its right consistency.
- it is equally important to make sure to use the tetra packed coconut milk to make it lighter and low in calories.
- Use a high-speed blender to get a smooth and thick mayonnaise.
Frequently asked questions:
How do I store it?
You may store it in an air tight glass container in the refrigerator about 2 weeks.
Can I use it as a salad dressing?
Yes, absolutely. With just a minor tweak in the recipe it becomes a delicious and quick salad dressing. I have mentioned the details of it in the recipe card under the notes.
How does it taste like?
Vegan mayonnaise is lighter in taste and flavor. In fact,I made it oil free here so that you won’t taste the greasiness in it. Moreover, it does have a nutty taste which I balanced by including of mustard powder in this dip.
How is it different from the traditional mayo?
Vegan mayonnaise is on the other hand different very from the traditional one. As a result, this vegan version does not have that eggy taste and is light in texture and low in calories.
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below. In addition, I would love you to rate it also. Furthermore, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because I love to see what’s cooking in your kitchen.
Oil Free Vegan Mayo
7 ingredients and in 7 minutes from start to finish! It’s ultra-delicious and versatile
enough to be used as a spread or as a salad dressing.
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts (halved/whole)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/8 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (tetra pack)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Boil water on the stove top or in a kettle and
soak cashew nuts in the hot water for 5 minutes. Drain and put the nuts in the blender.
- Now add nutritional yeast, garlic, mustard
powder and coconut milk to the blender along with drained cashew nuts. Blend it smooth until creamy.
- Spoon out the mayo from the blender to a serving
bowl and stir in lemon juice and salt.
- Serve with your favorite veggies or enjoy it as
a sandwich spread on your toast.
- For a salad dressing consistency – blend it with ¾ cup coconut milk instead of ½ cup. Adjust the salt as per taste.
- Refrigerate in an air tight glass container for about 2 weeks.
- I have provided step wise images in the post above for convenience.