Air Fryer Vegan Spring Rolls are easy to make and crisp in every bite. Its kid friendly and has a health benefit too. It’s a perfect appetizer for all year round.
This post is sponsored but the opinion and review in mine. I have personally used the product and am very happy with it.
This snack is quite regular in my home. In fact, when I run out ideas, I quickly assemble spring rolls and serve them. My friends and family always love these vegan spring rolls. I like the fact that its versatile and you can play it around with the stuffing. However, my kids love this when I stuff it with lots of noodles.
About 5.8-quart WIFI Air Fryer
This Cosori Air Fryer is 5.8 quart. It is Wi-Fi connected. It has few steps to connect with the Wi-Fi that is provided with the appliance. You just have to download a free app Vesync on your phone and follow the instructions thereafter.
What I like about this Air Fryer is that its not too heavy and because of its square shape it fits in a corner of my counter top. I am very happy with this Air Fryer and use it regularly even for my daily cooking.
Air Fryer has some health benefits. For example – no deep frying is required. Therefore, with just a cooking spray or sometimes a tablespoon of oil is sufficient to enjoy the crisp goodies. Its easy to operate with the touch of your fingers only.
This product is easily available here.
If you like Air Fryer recipes then you would like Crispy Broccoli recipe of mine.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Spring Rolls
Green Bell pepper
Low sodium soy sauce
Ramen cake/any noodles
Crushed black pepper
Spring roll sheet
Usually I keep my refrigerator stocked up with all the above ingredients.
How To make Vegan Spring Rolls in Air Fryer
In the first step I warmed some oil in a nonstick frying pan and sauteed onions.
Then, I sauteed shredded cabbage and julienned carrots in it.
Next, I tossed in sliced green bell pepper followed by soy sauce and vinegar.
Afterwards, I mixed in noodles, salt and pepper.
Now, on a flat surface take a spring roll sheet (thawed) and with the help of a knife gently cut into two halves. Then, with the help of the tongs place some stuffing on it. Then, moist the sides of the spring roll sheet with wet fingers and seal the sides by rolling into your desired shape.
Thereafter, repeat the above process for the rest of the stuffing and the spring roll sheet.
Lastly, place them in the Air fryer and let it cook.
Serve immediately with your choice of sauces.
- Do not microwave the spring roll sheet to thaw. Let it thaw in the room temperature for best results.
- Take a small bowl of water and keep wetting your fingers so that you can seal the side of the sheets nicely.
- Put the stuffing on one side of the half of the sheet and roll it gently by pressing the stuffing on the inside to make it firmer.
- When preparing the stuffing make sure the sauces are not too much or the stuffing is not runny. It should be a dry stuffing for the spring roll sheet to hold it nicely and firmly.
- For the best results as soon as you seal the springs rolls place them in the air fryer so that they don’t dry up and become hard.
Frequently asked questions:
How long does it last?
The spring rolls tastes best when served immediately out of the air fryer. However, the stuffing can be made ahead of time and refrigerated. Just bring it to the room temperature when ready to make spring rolls.
Can it be made in the oven or deep fried?
Yes, these can be baked in oven at 400-degree Fahrenheit until it starts to turn brown and is crispy. (do not over bake). It can also be deep fried but the nutritional value will change.
Which is the healthiest form to consume spring rolls?
Well, fresh spring rolls are the healthiest form. However, if you like crispy ones then Air fryer version or oven baked are healthier.
Can it be made gluten free?
Yes, for gluten free option use rice noodles instead of ramen or any other noodles. Secondly, use rice paper instead of spring roll sheet.
Can you freeze these spring rolls?
I would not recommend freezing the spring rolls once you have thawed the sheets.
It’s a wonderful appetizer that can be made in a short notice and in less time consuming. Serve these vegan spring rolls to your guests or family on any occasion or just enjoy it with your favorite drink to have a variety of flavors in your diet.
My other popular appetizers are:
Herbed Cashew Cream Tempeh Crostini
Vegan Cheese and Tempeh Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Quinoa Almond Harbed Bread Sticks
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comment section below and also rate this recipe. You may also tag @kiipfit on Instagram and I will definitely shout it out there. I love to see what’s cooking in your kitchen.
Air Fryer Vegan Spring Rolls
- Air Fryer
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onions
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup julienned carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 Ramen cake/any noddle square (boiled and drained)
- Salt as per taste
- Crushed black pepper as per taste
- 4 Spring roll sheets (Thawed)
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan and saute onions
- Then saute cabbage and carrots in it until soft
but not mushy. Make sure cabbage has a slight crunch to it.
- Then toss in green bell pepper, soy sauce and vinegar. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix in Ramen/noodles, salt and pepper and toss nicely with the help of tongs.
- Now, place the thawed spring roll sheet on a flat surface and cut into two equal halves.
- On one of the half spring roll sheet place about 1-2 tbsp stuffing on one side of the sheet. Then, gently roll the sheet while pressing the stuffing on the inside. Then, with seal the sides of the spring roll with your wet fingers.
- Repeat the above step for the rest of the stuffings and the sheet.
- Place them in the Air Fryer at 400 degree and spray some cooking spray and turn it on for 8 minutes.
- Just after about 5 minutes pause it and release the basket. Shake it gently and flip the spring rolls with the tongs and cook again for 2 minutes or until light brown on the edges ( Do not overcook).
- Serve immediately with your choice of sauces.
- The stuffing can be made ahead of time and refrigerated. Just before rolling the sheet bring the stuffing to room temperature.
- This recipe makes 8 spring rolls and the serving size is 2 per person.
- For oven baked spring rolls – Follow the above instructions up to step 7 . Then place the spring rolls on a baking sheet and spray some cooking spray on them. Then, place the baking sheet place in a preheated oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit until it starts browning and is crisp. The time duration will vary and will take few extra minutes to be cooked.
- These can be deep fried but the nutritional value will change.
I LOVE spring rolls but have never made them at home! This seems like the perfect (healthier) way to start doing that! Airfrying is so the way to go for that crispiness without the guilt!
In that case you should now start making it at home. Its very easy and healthy too.
This looks really cool, I didn’t realize spring roll wrappers would crisp up/could be baked. Looks like a great way to try out an air fryer out too (never used one before but this looks aaaamazing).
I have an air fryer and this is one recipe I have not tried yet! I will have to give this idea a shot!
I really enjoy my air fryer and I’ve been using it a lot lately. I’ve never made spring rolls in the air fryer so I’ll have to give this recipe a try. Also love that these rolls are vegan!
Try it. They come our really crispy and well in the air fryer.
Pam Greer says
We love spring rolls in this house and these sound so good! I love that you can make them in the air fryer! You’ve convinced me that I need an air fryer!
Sally Humeniuk says
Having a vegetarian in my house who loves Asian cuisine and especially spring rolls, this recipe is just what I need. I love the ingredients for these and can’t wait to try them. Great pictures, too! Thanks for sharing!
Analida Braeger says
These cook really fast in the air fryer. I might have to get one to try this dish and other recipes! Thanks for all the tips to make these!
What a great idea to include noodles in the filling – why haven’t I ever done that before?!? Brilliant! And that’s such a great point about how this particular air fryer is square so it fits much better on the countertop – I keep holding off of buying an air fryer, in large part because I just don’t have room for something else on my counter and the round ones seem like they’d take up way too much real estate. Such a silly detail, really – but the square shape will go a long way toward helping with that! Thank you!
Kelly Anthony says
These will make great appetizers for our next gathering. I don’t have an air fryer so I’m so glad you included other ways to cook these delicious vegan spring rolls.
Thank you Kelly. I hope you get a chance to cook these.
Chef Dennis says
Yum! I’ll be needing this appetizer soon! This looks sooo delicious and really appetizing! Wish I could have a bite right now.
Thank you Dennis. These are indeed delicious. My kids love them so much that I make ti almost every week.