Tofu Kidney Beans Sun Dried Tomato Burger with Sauteed Mushrooms is infused with a variety of flavors. Its super easy to make and serves perfectly for any gatherings.
It is absolutely a delectable burger to serve for BBQ, picnics or casual gatherings. Super easy to make and no deep frying required. Just assemble the ingredients in the bowl and place the burger patties on a grill or a pan.
Since the warm weather is almost knocking on the door we all will soon have picnic plans.
I am sure BBQ grills are almost out there in your backyards. Hence, Tofu Kidney Beans Sun Dried Tomato Burger with Sauteed Mushrooms becomes all the more desirable.
This protein rich flavorful burger is filling, satisfying and so healthy.
If you want to cut down on your carbs you may enjoy it as a lettuce wrap instead of buns. In all respect, enjoying is mandatory 🙂 !!!!!!!
The hero of this dish is the sauteed mushrooms. I love mushrooms and am always on a look out for ways to eat them.
For this recipe, I used simple ingredients that are easily available in our kitchen most of the time. Yet the taste was outstanding. With the addition of sauteed mushrooms the taste of this decadent burger increased ten times. In consequence to its deliciousness I already made another batch in just 3 days and refrigerated the patties so whenever we crave for it I can just pull out the patties from the refrigerator and fix burgers for my family be it a weekday or a weekend.
How to make Tofu Kidney Beans Sun Dried Tomato Burger with sauteed Mushroom.
- Firstly, I assembled all the patty ingredients in a mixing bowl and mixed them thoroughly.
- Secondly, I formed round patties between my palms and placed them on a greased hot non stick pan. I cooked them both side and kept the patties on the side.
- Next, I heated oil and seasoned it with herbs and spices.
- Then, I sauteed mushrooms in it until it was well cooked and released its juice.
- Lastly, I assembled all the ingredients between the burger buns and enjoyed it heartily with my family.
More burger recipes from the blog:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
Tofu Kidney Beans Sun Dried Tomato Burger with Sauteed Mushrooms
For the patty
- 1 1/2 cups kidney beans (cooked/canned and drained)
- 1 14 oz pack of extra firm tofu (pressed and drained)
- 1/4 cup oil packed sun dried tomatoes (drain the extra oil)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup vegan bread crumbs/panko
- Salt as per taste
For the mushrooms
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups sliced portobello mushrooms
- 5 burger buns
- sun dried tomatoes
- In a large mixing bowl mash kidney beans with a potato masher.
- Add tofu and crumble it thoroughly. Now add rest of the burger patty ingredients to it and mix well with a spoon or hands. Divide the mixture into 5 equal parts.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan and grease it well. Place the burger patties on it and cook until brown on one side. Flip them over and cook well until brown on the other side. Keep the patties aside.
- Heat oil in the same pan and add all the mushroom ingredients in the same order as mentioned. Saute well. (If mushrooms feel too dry grease them with cooking spray. Let mushrooms cook at a low – medium flame until soft and tender.
- Now, between the burger buns place your choice of greens, burger patty, sun-dried tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms and enjoy.
- For Gluten free option - you may use chickpea flour inside the patty mixture instead of bread crumbs/panko and follow the rest of the steps as is. Also use GF burger buns.
- If sun dried tomatoes have been refrigerated then microwave it in a bowl to bring it to room temperature. Drain the excess oil and then measure them to add in the patty mixture.
- The nutritional value here is mentioned without the buns. it will vary depending on your choice of buns.