Vegan Habanero Cauliflower Spaghetti with absolute fun flavors! It’s perfect to bring a twist to your regular spaghetti meals. Most of us love our spaghetti but it may get boring to continue eating the same tomato sauce over and over and over for years. Even though I crave for spaghetti almost every week but I stopped eating them because I wanted to bring a change to my spaghetti. With this revolutionary idea, I decided to bring out a new spaghetti recipe. I kick started in kitchen couple of weeks back with lots of energy and determination.
After trying out various ingredients for 5 days, I finally settle with habanero peppers as the main ingredient. I love the spicy flavor and subtle orange color of these peppers. Also, these peppers bring out a tantalizing flavor to any dish. The only caveat to habanero peppers is to use them cautiously ….why? Because….they are hot!!!! They are really really hot!!!!!
Secondly, I wanted to make a nut free sauce for a change. It’s not that I don’t like nuts, in fact I love them and they are my favorite on the go snack. In fact many of my cheese sauce recipes are made of nuts. However, this time, I decided on a revolutionary spaghetti recipe. I tried to make a spaghetti sauce with cauliflower. I was trying it for the first time and it was totally worth the effort. Especially with fussy eaters in my family, I was super skeptical if they will ever approve of a cauliflower cheese sauce for spaghetti. I must say….they loved it. They genuinely loved it and requested me to make it every week. Therefore, Vegan Habanero Cauliflower Spaghetti is on my meal plans now and is regular in my household.
You must be wondering about how to feed such spicy spaghetti to kids. Well, reduce the habanero pepper to just half for them and add more sugar and milk for them. It’s easy ….. Right?
Vegan Habanero Cauliflower Sauce is a versatile sauce and goes well over spiralized veggies as well. However, it tastes best when used over whole wheat /regular spaghetti.
I would love to get your feedbacks when you get a chance to try this Vegan Habanero Cauliflower Spaghetti. Your comments are always a pleasure to read and encourage my creativity.
Vegan Habanero Cauliflower Spaghetti
- 2 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 whole habanero peppers (deseeded)
- 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried/resh garlic (chopped/minced)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 cup whole wheat spaghetti (cooked and drained)
- salt as per taste
- pinch of sugar
- Boil some water in your saucepan and cook cauliflower florets until soft and mushy. Then, turn of the flame and drain it.
- Next, in you blender combine cooked cauliflower florets, habanero peppers, baby carrots and coconut milk. Then, blend it smooth.
- Next, in a nonstick pan heat olive oil. Immediately add garlic and oregano and mix it in the oil.
- Now, toss in cooked spaghetti.
- Lastly, pour the habanero sauce over it along with salt and sugar.
- Thereafter,toss it nicely until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Simply enjoy it warm.
- You may want to make sure to remove the seeds from habanero peppers very well. These peppers are extremely hot and spicy so I would recommend wearing gloves while handling these peppers.
- You may measure cauliflower florets before boiling in water.
- If you plan to cook this recipe for kids use half of one whole deseeded habanero pepper. Increase the measurement o sugar and unsweetened coconut milk to balance out the spice.