Lusciously delicious and cream-less, this Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Soup (Instant Pot) is a rich and healthy family meal. It is an easy, quick, and a comforting weeknight dinner for the cold weather.
You must trust me and try this once. I served it to my kids and they loved it. They thought it to be mashed potatoes because it has nice thick and creamy texture and taste so much like mashed potatoes.
Why you will love this
Dairy free, vegan and gluten free
Easy and quick
Healthy and nutritious
Only 10 ingredients
This soup is a great way to feed this nutritious vegetable to your family.
Recently, I am trying to include a variety of vegetables in my diet and so I am being creative with vegetables.
I am being creative with cauliflower too and few of my favorite dishes are bang bang cauliflower and cauliflower tikka masala.
Health benefits of cauliflower
Along with being high in antioxidants, its rich in fiber and B-vitamins. Cauliflower aids weight loss and has choline which is important for learning and memory. Recently, it has become a low carb substitute to rice grains too.
Thyme – fresh thyme woks best in this soup because of its aroma and a subtle flavor after being cooked.
Cashew nuts – this adds the thick and creamy base along with nutrition and natural sweet taste.
Cauliflower – you may use ready cauliflower florets or the whole cauliflower head and then make your own florets. Frozen cauliflower florets do not work as great as the fresh ones in this soup.
Coconut milk – I always prefer using the beverage style coconut milk but you may use unsweetened canned coconut milk as well for this vegan cauliflower soup.
For detailed measurement of ingredients, please scroll down to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to make
Firstly, I heated oil in my instant pot at sauté mode and sauteed garlic and thyme in it until aromatic.
Secondly, I tossed in onions and sautéed until golden in color.
Next, I tossed in cashew nuts until golden.
Thereafter, I sauteed cauliflower florets in it until these started to change its color.
Afterwards, I added the rest of the ingredients and canceled the sauté function.
Then, I closed the lid and sealed the valve and turned it on at high manual for 10 minutes.
Once, done, I released the pressure and removed the lid. Since I use a very good quality high speed blender, I immediately blended the soup.
Lastly, I poured it in the serving bowl and adjusted its salt and pepper.
We heartily enjoyed every bit of this cauliflower soup and I make it on repeat because it is the best tasting soup so far.
To add more protein, I like to pair this vegan cauliflower soup with air fryer tempeh bacon and or tofu nuggets. Sometimes, I like pair it with air fryer brussels sprouts also to add more nutrition. For a side it goes very well with crackers and or dinner rolls.
- It is important to cook cauliflower very well and so let it change its color before adding other ingredients.
- Most importantly, let thyme herb release its aroma before adding onions to it.
- Use a high-speed blender to blend the soup very well until its creamy.
This soup tastes best when served the same day. However, the leftovers can be refrigerated to be used the next day.
Yes! Follow the recipe as explained until you add all the ingredients in the stockpot on stove top. Then let it cook at medium flame until cauliflower softens. Then, blend and adjust its seasonings and enjoy!
Yes! Its low in carb and made with whole food ingredients. I kept this recipe as simple as possible. Moreover, it is packed with delicious and satisfying flavors.
More vegan soup recipes
Vegan Taco Soup
Vegan Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
This post may contain affiliate links which means that if you click on them and make a purchase, I will get a small commission. Moreover, I share only those products which I use personally and love.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. I am very excited to hear back from you.
Where to find me?
Follow me on Facebook or on Twitter. You may tag @kiipfit on Instagram with your recipe remake images because I would love to see what you cooked.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with a 5-star rating.
In addition, you may checkout my cookbook for everyday comfort vegan recipes.
Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Soup (Instant Pot)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup raw cashew nuts
- 3 cups cauliflower florets (fresh)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (tetra pack)
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- Turn on your instant pot at sauté mode and heat olive oil in it. Sauté garlic until golden and then toss in thyme.
- When you start getting the aroma of thyme add onion and sauté until golden brown.
- Add cashew nuts and sauté until golden in color. Then add cauliflower florets and mix well. Sauté until cauliflower starts to change its color to golden.
- Add vegetable broth, coconut milk, salt, and pepper to it and stir well. Cancel the sauté mode and close the lid. Seal the valve and turn on your instant pot at high manual for 10 minutes.
- Once done, release the pressure and remove the lid. Stir it with a spatula. Then, pour it in the blender and blend until smooth and creamy. (Depending on your blender you may cool it first and then blend. But make sure to heat it again before serving).
- Ladle it in your soup bowls and adjust salt and pepper. Enjoy!
- Depending on how fresh your cauliflower is, the color of this soup might vary a bit.
- Make sure to let the thyme release its aroma before adding other ingredients.
- This cauliflower soup tastes best when served the same day. However, the leftovers may be refrigerated to be used the next day.
- I used tetra pack coconut milk that comes in a beverage form. You may use unsweetened canned coconut milk also for this recipe. Just make sure that coconut milk does not overpower the overall taste of the soup.
- Stove top option: Heat oil in your stock pot at medium flame and follow until step 4. Once you add all the ingredients in the stockpot, let it cook covered until cauliflower softens. Turn it off and blend in a blender as smooth as possible. You may reheat it again depending on your preference and adjust salt and pepper.
- Immersion or hand blender might not blend this soup as creamy as this recipe calls for. I personally like to blend it in my high-speed blender for the best results.
- Make sure to use fresh cauliflower florets and not frozen florets for this soup recipe.
Fabulous cauliflower soup! I love how easy it is to make it, and I bet the flavors go through the roof!
Thank you Dionne!
This was so creamy and comforting and really easy to make too.
Thank you Damnii!
I really enjoyed this soup. I was a bit skeptical because I usually use cheese in my cauliflower soup, but it had plenty of flavor and less calories is always a bonus!
so glad you liked my version of cauliflower soup Stephanie 🙂
Tayler Ross says
I’ve been looking for a healthier soup to make for dinner this week, and this cauliflower soup is it! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!
Looking forward to see how it turns out for you 🙂
Yum! I love this recipe! The cashews and coconut milk make it so creamy.
Thank you Quynh!