Roasted Brussel Sprouts Fettuccine Alfredo is made with a combination of roasted garlic and creamy white sauce. It has the burnt as well as smooth cheesy flavor. This vegan dish reflects the two opposite flavors making it interesting for the taste buds in every bite. It’s a healthy family meal and a great way to introduce the most talked about veggie to the kids.
I have been wanting to include this veggie into our diet for a while now. However, I could not get to the recipe that my family liked. So, when I came up with this recipe which included some white sauce and pasta my family loved it. They were ready to eat the beautiful Brussel sprouts.
How does Brussel Sprouts taste?
These are bitter in taste and tough to like it in the first attempt. Even though its one of the most nutritious vegetable they have to be really cooked well for anyone to like it.
What is the best way to cook Brussel Sprouts?
There are many ways to cook Brussel sprouts like sauteing, caramelizing and air frying. For my family this roasted form tasted good and they accepted this veggie. I have also explained the Air fryer version of this roasted Brussel Sprouts in my recipe.
Ingredients for Roasted Brussel Sprouts Fettuccine Alfredo
Brussels sprouts (trimmed and halved)
Dried garlic/fresh minced garlic
Raw cashew nut soaked in warm water
Vegan butter (avocado oil based)
Whole wheat flour
Unsweetened coconut milk (tetra pack)
Crushed black pepper
Crushed chili flakes (optional)
How to Roast Brussel Sprouts in the oven/Air Fryer
The first and important step is to preheat the oven at 425-degree Fahrenheit.
In the meantime, I trimmed the edges of Brussel Sprouts and cut them into halves.
Then, in a mixing bowl, I combined Brussel Sprouts, olive oil, garlic and salt. Let it rest for 2 minutes.
Thereafter, I spread these nicely on the baking/cookie sheet (Make sure to scoop all the marinade for a nice garlicky flavor).
Afterwards, I placed the baking sheet in the middle rack of the oven for 20-25 minutes or until these were golden brown.
For the Air Fryer version
After marinating, spread Brussel sprouts along with the marinade in the air fryer basket.
Then cook at 400 degree for 12 minutes. Afterwards, pause it and shake the basket once. Then cook it again for 2 more minutes.
I personally like the Air Fryer version better since its crispier. However, my family likes oven roasted.
How to cook Fettuccine Alfredo
In the first step, I blended some soaked cashew nuts along with the nutritional yeast. Kept it aside.
Then, I melted vegan butter in a nonstick pan and sautéed whole wheat flour until light brown and aromatic.
Next, I poured in unsweetened coconut milk and stirred until there were no lumps.
Thereafter, I stirred in the blended cashew nuts and cooked this sauce for 2 minutes.
Afterwards, I tossed in boiled fettuccine pasta, salt and pepper.
Assembling the dish.
Lastly, I mixed in roasted Brussel sprouts and cooked for only 1 minute (do not overcook because the sauce will thicken further).
Now, simply garnish this dish with crushed red pepper and serve immediately.
- If you have extra time then saute the Brussel Sprouts in a pan with little oil and salt before marinating and roasting. This process enhances the flavor a lot more.
- Fettuccine pasta absorbs the sauce pretty fast. So, make sure your Brussel sprouts are roasted and ready before you toss in the pasta to the sauce.
- If you want crispier Brussel Sprouts in the oven option then after 20 minutes place the baking sheet at the top rack and bake for another 5-10 minutes until the color becomes darker.
Frequently asked questions:
- This recipe tastes best when served immediately.
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts can be made ahead of time and refrigerated in an air tight container for about a week.
- Reheat the Brussel Sprouts the same way as you originally cook (oven or air fried). Do not microwave or else it will lose its taste and explode.
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comment section below and also rate this recipe. You may also tag @kiipfit on Instagram and I will definitely shout it out there. I love to see what’s cooking in your kitchen.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts Fettuccine Alfredo
- nonstick pan
For Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 1 1/2 cups Brussel Sprouts (edges trimmed and halved)
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp dried/fresh minced garlic
- Salt as per taste
For Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1/4 cup raw cashew nuts (soaked in 1/4 cup warm water)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp vegan butter (avocado oil based)
- 1 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (tetra pack)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked Fettuccine pasta
- Salt as per taste
- Crushed black pepper as per taste
- Crushed Chili flakes as per taste (for garnishing)
- Preheat oven at 425-degree Fahrenheit and
prepare a baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients for
Brussel sprouts and let it sit for 2 minutes.
- Now, spoon the Brussel sprouts on the baking
sheet and place it in the middle rack of the oven. (make sure to scoop all the
seasoning as well). Let it bake for 20-25 minutes until brownish from the
outside and soft from the inside.
- In the meanwhile, combine water, cashew nuts and
nutritional yeast in a blender and blend it into a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- In a nonstick frying pan melt vegan butter and
saute the flour until you start getting its aroma.
- Then pour coconut milk and keep stirring for few
minutes on a medium flame until there are almost no lumps.
- Then pour the blended cashew and whisk it nicely
until smooth. Cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Then toss in fettuccine pasta, salt and pepper.
- Lastly, stir in roasted Brussel Sprouts and cook
only for 1 minute (do not over cook since we do not want the sauce to be
- Serve immediately with crushed chili flakes.
- For Air Fryer version: Spoon the mixed Brussel sprouts in the basket and set the temperature to 400 degree and let it cook for 12 minutes. Pause it and take out the basket. Shake it once and if still not golden brown then cook for another 2 minutes.
- Then follow the rest of the steps as mentioned above.
- This recipe tastes bet when served immediately.
- Brussel Sprouts can be roasted ahead of time and refrigerated in an air tight container for about a week. However, reheat it the same way as you cooked.
- Do not microwave Brussel Sprouts as it may explode.