Spaghetti Aglio e Olio is the simplest and the easiest Italian dish! It requires minimum and simple ingredients and yet it’s a deliciously comforting.
Aglio e Olio means olive oil and garlic. It’s a traditional Italian dish. Its also known for its simplicity.
Whenever, I am short of time or ingredients I quickly toss this recipe and enjoy dinner with my family. It’s the easiest and the simplest way to make all the pasta lovers super happy.
Ingredients for Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Crushed chili flakes
Spaghetti (regular/whole grains/GF)
Capers in vinegar and salt brine
How to make this Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
Firstly, I heated extra virgin olive oil in a nonstick pan and sauteed minced garlic in it until it was brown.
Secondly, I added crushed chili flakes, nutritional yeast and parsley. Then, I quickly mixed it.
Thereafter, I tossed in boiled spaghetti, salt and pepper.
Lastly, I garnished with capers and served immediately.
We all enjoyed this dish heartily and happily.
- Most importantly, the garlic should be sautéed brown. Make sure it does not get burnt or else the taste of this spaghetti aglio e olio will have a burnt taste too.
- I added nutritional yeast to get a little cheesy flavor to this recipe. Therefore, add it in the oil itself so it gets mixed very well.
- I mixed fresh parsley in the oil to flavor the oil perfectly for this dish. Hence, its important to toss it in EVOO to get the right flavors.
- Above all, please do not substitute extra virgin olive oil with any other oil in this recipe to get the right flavors.
Frequently asked questions:
How long does this last?
This recipe tastes best when served immediately. If it is kept for longer time it loses its texture and flavor.
What can I substitute for capers?
Capers add a little extra salty and tangy flavor to this recipe. I personally like it to garnish. However, it is optional and feel to skip it totally.
Why are we using extra virgin olive oil in this recipe?
Originally spaghetti aglio e olio is a lighter sauce dish and healthier as compared to other rich Italian recipes. Extra Virgin Olive Oil is rich in good fat. When I flavored it with fresh herbs and chili flakes this dish becomes absolutely desirable. Therefore, Extra Virgin olive Oil adds to flavor and health of this recipe. To make it healthier you may use whole grain spaghetti.
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 tsp crushed chili flakes
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 16 oz pack of spaghetti (cooked and drained) (regular/whole grain/GF)
- 1 tsp salt or as per taste
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 2 tbsp capers in vinegar and salt brine (optional)
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat and saute garlic in it until brown. It should not be brunt.
- Add crushed chili flakes, nutritional yeast and parsley to it. Mix it for 30 seconds.
- Bring the flame to low-medium and toss in cooked spaghetti, salt and pepper.
- Turn off the flame and garnish with capers.
- Serve immediately.