A warm bowl of Peanut Butter Pumpkin Oatmeal Porridge is a delicious and hearty breakfast. Its a perfect seasonal meal that’s made with mouthwatering ingredients.
I like to start my mornings with a cup of tea followed by my intense workout and then end it with a hearty and wholesome delicious breakfast. Usually warm porridge is my first option especially if it’s the 4th quarter of the year 🙂
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Pumpkin Oatmeal Porridge
Steel cut/old fashioned oats
Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
I love the chewy texture of steel cut oatmeal and so these days most of my oatmeal recipes consists of steel cut oatmeal. I find it more flavorful as well, compared to quick oatmeal, but feel free to use your choice of oatmeal.
Since mornings are hectic for most of us I prefer cooking breakfast within 15 minutes so that I can eat my morning meal even on weekdays.
How to make Peanut Butter Pumpkin Oatmeal Porridge
- In the first step I simply cooked oatmeal in salted warm water.
- Then I added some almond milk into it and cooked again for sometime.
- Then, I stirred in pumpkin puree, peanut butter and maple syrup.
- Thereafter, I cooked it covered for 7-10 minutes until it reached to my desired consistency.
- I ate it immediately with some nuts and berries as toppings.
Yum!!!! Can’t stop my cravings for this delectable warm bowl of Peanut Butter Pumpkin Oatmeal Porridge.
- Any oats of your choice can be used in this recipe. However, steel cut or old fashioned oats tastes the best.
- This porridge tastes best when served immediately. If kept for long it will thicken and start to dry up. In that case add more warm milk and stir so as to reach to your desired consistency.
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comment section below and also rate this recipe. You may also tag @kiipfit on Instagram I will definitely shout it out there.
Peanut Butter Pumpkin Oatmeal Porridge
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup steel cut/old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- In a saucepan combine water and salt and bring it to a boil.
- Add oatmeal and mix well.
- When the oatmeal starts to cook/boil add milk and stir properly. Let it cook for a minute or until the first couple of boils.
- Now add pumpkin puree, peanut butter and maple syrup. Stir vigorously until well blended.
- Simmer, cover and cook for 7-10 minutes depending on your choice of consistency and how chewy you want your oatmeal.
- Serve warm with your choice of nuts and fruits.
- Feel free to use almond butter for this recipe instead of peanut butter if desired.
- If kept for long the liquid will be absorbed and the oatmeal will thicken. Add more milk in the warm porridge depending on your choice of consistency and mix. (No need to cook further).
- Tastes best when served immediately.
This sounds so warming on a cold morning, I can’t wait to try it out.
This porridge would make such an amazing start to my day. I will definitely save and make this recipe. Love it! Peanut butter and pumpkin – divine combo!
Now that’s a complete different combination in a porridge. I would never imagine adding pumpkin puree to my porridge but your pics are so tempting that I want to try this for my breakfast soon.
We make oatmeal every weekday in our house and this is a great recipe to switch things up in the Fall!
This is such a lovely combination of flavors. My son and I love eating oatmeal for breakfast this time of year and we really liked the pumpkin and peanut butter, it was such a good way to change it up, and full of flavor!
I love how easy this is to throw together! Perfect for busy weekday mornings. Give me everything pumpkin at this time of year!
Stine Mari says
I love how you made oatmeal a delicious festive breakfast. I’d love to have this even on Thanksgiving morning!
Cathleen @ A Taste of Madness says
I usually have pumpkin oatmeal around this time of year, but pumpkin with PEANUT BUTTER?? I am definitely wanting to try this!!
Peanut butter and pumpkin together sounds divine! I can’t wait to give this a try.
Geoffrey at Spoonabilities says
I never thought to put pumpkin and peanut butter together, but now I can’t stop thinking about it. I may need to have a second breakfast this morning 😉
HAHAHAH! It tastes amazing. Its a must try.
Jacqui Debono says
I have just bought our first tub of oats since the beginning of summer! The kids will love this (and we always give leftover oats to the chickens, and pumpkin is really good for them too, so it’s a double winner!). We like oats so much, we have our own spurtle!
Kids for sure would love this. My daughter loves it. The creamy texture of this oat recipe is absolutely desirable for all ages.
Levan @ Crazy Vegan Kitchen says
I sin, I sin, I sin I never tried peanut butter infused porridge before! And now I MUST!! Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe!
Vanessa @ VeganFamilyRecipes.com says
This sounds like such a lovely & healthy breakfast combo! Love the flavors!
Thank you Vanessa.
The Food Hunter says
This sounds amazing!
The Vegan 8 says
Love the idea of both pumpkin and peanut butter in some oatmeal! YUM! Great idea!
Yum! We love oatmeal. Love the combo here! Looks so creamy!
Audrey @ Unconventional Baker says
Oooh, love the sound of pumpkin & ob in a quick breakfast. Sounds fab! <3
Thank you Audrey.
Sophia @veggies dont bite says
What a great looking breakfast! We love oatmeal around here!