A warm bowl of Peanut Butter Pumpkin Oatmeal Porridge is a delicious and hearty breakfast. Its a perfect seasonal meal that’s made with mouthwatering ingredients.
I like to start my mornings with a cup of tea followed by my intense workout and then end it with a hearty and wholesome delicious breakfast. Usually warm porridge is my first option especially if it’s the 4th quarter of the year 🙂
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Pumpkin Oatmeal Porridge
Steel cut/old fashioned oats
Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
I love the chewy texture of steel cut oatmeal and so these days most of my oatmeal recipes consists of steel cut oatmeal. I find it more flavorful as well, compared to quick oatmeal, but feel free to use your choice of oatmeal.
Since mornings are hectic for most of us I prefer cooking breakfast within 15 minutes so that I can eat my morning meal even on weekdays.
How to make Peanut Butter Pumpkin Oatmeal Porridge
- In the first step I simply cooked oatmeal in salted warm water.
- Then I added some almond milk into it and cooked again for sometime.
- Then, I stirred in pumpkin puree, peanut butter and maple syrup.
- Thereafter, I cooked it covered for 7-10 minutes until it reached to my desired consistency.
- I ate it immediately with some nuts and berries as toppings.
Yum!!!! Can’t stop my cravings for this delectable warm bowl of Peanut Butter Pumpkin Oatmeal Porridge.
- Any oats of your choice can be used in this recipe. However, steel cut or old fashioned oats tastes the best.
- This porridge tastes best when served immediately. If kept for long it will thicken and start to dry up. In that case add more warm milk and stir so as to reach to your desired consistency.
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comment section below and also rate this recipe. You may also tag @kiipfit on Instagram I will definitely shout it out there.
Peanut Butter Pumpkin Oatmeal Porridge
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup steel cut/old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- In a saucepan combine water and salt and bring it to a boil.
- Add oatmeal and mix well.
- When the oatmeal starts to cook/boil add milk and stir properly. Let it cook for a minute or until the first couple of boils.
- Now add pumpkin puree, peanut butter and maple syrup. Stir vigorously until well blended.
- Simmer, cover and cook for 7-10 minutes depending on your choice of consistency and how chewy you want your oatmeal.
- Serve warm with your choice of nuts and fruits.
- Feel free to use almond butter for this recipe instead of peanut butter if desired.
- If kept for long the liquid will be absorbed and the oatmeal will thicken. Add more milk in the warm porridge depending on your choice of consistency and mix. (No need to cook further).
- Tastes best when served immediately.