This Blueberry Semolina Porridge Parfait is perfectly sweetened and made with nutritious ingredients. Its kid friendly and serves perfectly as a dessert or as a breakfast.
It’s time to celebrate and this July 4th I am presenting Blueberry Semolina Porridge Parfait that’s healthy and protein rich dessert in which you can indulge guilt free.
When I imagine creamy, chewy, easy and cold dessert, Parfait is the first thing that comes to my mind. It contains lots of crunchy fresh fruits, soft chewy cake like layers, some nuts and the choices for toppings are unlimited.
How to make Blueberry Semolina Porridge Parfait
Firstly, I cooked almond milk and semolina along with the chia seeds and maple syrup in saucepan until it was thick and creamy. Then, I kept it aside until it cooled down.
Secondly, I started layering this dessert by adding the first layer with fresh blueberries.
Next, I topped it with creamy cooked semolina.
Lastly, I added the top layer with fresh blueberries and slivered almonds.
We all heartily enjoyed this dessert for breakfast.
For Blueberry Semolina Porridge Parfait, I decided to have layers of semolina porridge cooked in almond milk into thick creamy texture.
I love the creamy soft cake like texture between layers of fruits. With chia seeds I added more protein and fiber to this porridge and also thickening was quicker and less time consuming.
By combining fresh blueberries with pure maple syrup the flavor. The sweetness of blueberries increased ten times and I couldn’t stop popping them in my mouth till the time porridge was cooling down.
So obviously, I had to soak another batch of blueberries in maple syrup to make this mouthwatering parfait.
- I used semolina, also know as sooji in India, for this recipe. Make sure to not use semolina flour for this dessert.
- Semolina is course in texture and perfect for cooking and making desserts. Whereas, semolina flour is fine and mostly used in pastas.
- You may try this recipe with cream of wheat as well if desired.
For the layering the first step is to choose your favorite fancy glass to serve parfait 🙂 , then place one layer of the soaked blueberries, then add semolina porridge, add another layer of soaked blueberries and finally top it with a generous helping of slivered almonds.
Enjoy and devour endlessly 🙂
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
Blueberry Semolina Porridge Parfait
- In saucepan combine milk, semolina, chia seeds, 2 tbsp. maple syrup, vanilla extract and bring it to a boil.
- At the first boil turn off the flame and let the semolina porridge cool down to room temperature.
- In the meantime combine blueberries and the rest of the maple syrup in a mixing bowl.
- In the serving glasses add the first layer of soaked blueberries, top another layer of semolina porridge, add another layer of soaked blueberries and garnish with slivered almonds.
- Put them in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- This recipe tastes best when served immediately.
- Do not get confused between semolina and semolina flour. They are different. I have used semolina which is also known as Sooji in India and is easily available in any Indian store.
- Feel free to try this recipe with cream of wheat by following the same instructions.