This vegan and gluten free Pumpkin Amaranth Porridge is a scrumptious wholesome winter breakfast. Its quick and easy for hectic mornings. Just grab a warm bowl of this deliciousness and enjoy the festivities.
I know this sounds crazy but I must make an honest confession. I am not a pumpkin fan. When it comes to any pumpkin recipe I become extremely picky. However, being a health conscious person, I make sure to include this healthy and nutrient packed vegetable into my family’s diet during fall season. Now, especially considering that seasonal fruits and vegetables are so important to consume.
I finally decided to make a quick, easy and healthy recipe. While making Pumpkin Amaranth Porridge I only considered the health part of the recipe. I wasn’t even sure if I would ever share this with you all. But I knew all my friends must be looking forward for me to post a pumpkin recipe.
I was surprised by the delicious and appetizing aroma of this porridge in my kitchen which brought a smile on my face.
How to make pumpkin puree at home
I made fresh pumpkin puree at home by boiling the chopped pumpkin, then cooling it and pureeing it smooth.
Canned pumpkin puree can also be used in this recipe.
I am genuinely fond of Amaranth grains. I always try to include this healthy grain in my recipes quite a bit.
How to make Pumpkin Amaranth Porridge
- In my first step, I boiled water and cooked Amaranth in it until half done.
- Then I added almond milk to it and cooked again.
- Thereafter, I stirred in pumpkin puree along with maple syrup.
- I let it cook uncovered for 5 minutes and turned the flame off.
- Later, spooned the porridge in the serving bowl.
- Lastly, topped it with walnuts, goji berries and walnut oil.
It was absolutely delish and satisfying.
I confidently served this porridge to my family and they loved it too. I was super happy with the outcome and finally I am sharing my most loved breakfast porridge recipe with you all. 🙂
HAPPY FALL!!!! Enjoy 🙂
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comment section below. Please do not forget to rate this recipe. Also, feel free to tag @kiipfit in Instagram and I will surely shout it out there. I love seeing what’s cooking in your kitchen.
Pumpkin Amaranth Porridge
- stove top
For the porridge
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup amaranth grains (dry)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Add water in a saucepan and bring it to boil.
- Add amaranth and cook covered for 3 minutes or until water starts to get absorbed.
- Now add milk and bring it to a boil again.
- Add pumpkin puree and maple syrup and stir vigorously with a spatula until all the ingredients are well blended. Let it cook uncovered on medium flame for 5 minutes.
- If you plan to consume immediately then cook for another 2 minutes for a thicker consistency. Otherwise turn off the flame and cover.
- Top it with walnuts, goji berries and walnut oil and serve warm.
- If this porridge kept for long all the liquid would be absorbed. In that case add ¼ cups milk to the warm porridge and mix very well and adjust the sweetener according to taste.
- I used walnut oil to add more nutrition and omega 3 to this recipe you can serve this oil free as well or top it with coconut oil if desired.
- I like my porridge to be of medium thick consistency. Feel free to adjust the milk measurements as per your desired consistency. But avoid it being too liquidy or amaranth may lose its natural taste and texture.
- Tastes best when served immediately.