These vegan Air Fryer Cookies are perfectly crisp from outside and soft from inside which makes them delicious chewy snack or dessert. It’s made with vanilla pudding which makes it even more mouthwatering. Serve them with a glass of milk alongside and make your friends and family happy.
This is a sponsored post but I have used the products myself and the opinions and reviews are completely mine as I love these dairy free and vegan puddings.
As soon as I received them and I got my hands on vegan vanilla pudding, I decided to make cookies. Pudding cookies have been on my mind for a while and so this time they had to come live.
Therefore, I am grateful to moms meet and wayfare foods to give me the opportunity to try their vegan puddings which comes in 3 different flavors.
I gorged on all the three flavors of chocolate, butterscotch and vanilla. However, butterscotch was my favorite but vanilla is great for baking. I loved the fact that it could replace butter and sugar in my air fryer chocolate chip cookies.
Wayfare Foods was started by a family who were seeking healthier way to live. In their journey they discovered the potential of plant-based eating and started innovating new products in their company. Their goal is to help people live healthier and expand their plant based eating options.
Wayfare Puddings are made with a base of organic butter beans and organic oats.
These have smooth, creamy texture. It is perfectly sweetened but not too sweet so its delectable and smooth on the taste buds.
These are free of the top 10 allergens. Wayfare foods is giving special discounts of 20% to my readers on any of their products when you buy from their website. Simply use the code shareWF20.
So happy shopping and enjoy the abundant deliciousness that they have to offer.
I have made many air fryer recipes in savory forms, like spring rolls, crispy broccoli, carrots, okra, mushrooms and zucchini fries.
As another experiment, I made air fryer apple dumpling for my family and they lived it.
While experimenting I also made one of my very popular tempeh bacon recipe in an air fryer.
But baking these cookies in an air fryer was a total game changer.
These vegan chocolate chip cookies came out so perfect and I never had any leftovers inspite of making many batches of it.
My kids love these and it’s made with simple pantry staples.
My other popular cookie recipes that you may like are:
Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies
Vegan Lemon Cookies
However, today I am here to share these amazing air fryer cookies recipe.
Ingredients you will need:
Vegan vanilla pudding
I have used these easily available ingredients here which you may buy from any local grocery store. However, I have provided links to few of them here for your convenience.
If you plan to buy from these affiliate links then I get a small commission which in turn encourages me to bring in more delicious recipes for you all.
- Flaxmeal – it’s a great egg substitute and adds in fiber and healthy fats like omega 3 to this recipe.
- Pudding – I used the ready-made pudding from wayfare foods for which I partnered with moms meet. But you may use any other store-bought vanilla pudding. But make sure its not a mix and a ready to eat pudding.
- Maple syrup – I added just a little bit of it to balance out the sweetness. You may substitute it with brown sugar as well.
- Almond flour – it’s a gluten free healthy flour rich in protein, omega 3 and fiber. It is almonds in powdered form and fits into most diet types.
- Cornstarch – to make this recipe completely gluten free make sure to use gluten free cornstarch. I added its minimum quantity so as to make the binding easier for these cookies and also the outer layer is crispier.
- Chocolate chips – I used dairy free mini chocolate chips which are semi sweetened. If you use regular chocolate chips then make sure to start with ¼ cup + 2 tbsp. instead of ½ cup.
After going through the ingredients in details now you must read through the process carefully and get started with the baking.
I am sure you must already be having all the ingredients in your pantry and so I insist you to bake them and enjoy with your loved ones.
How to make Air Fryer Cookies
Firstly, in a mixing bowl, I combined soaked flaxmeal, pudding, maple syrup and vanilla. Then, I whipped it well. I kept it aside.
Secondly, I mixed in all the dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) in another bowl.
Next, I folded in dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and made a dough like batter.
Thereafter, I folded in chocolate chips to it.
Afterwards, with the help of a cookie scoop, I scooped cookies in the prepared air fryer basket. Then, I shaped them and turned it on at 300 degree for 20 minutes or until they were brown in color.
Lastly, I turned it off and took out the air fryer basket and let them cool completely.
As soon as they were firm and crispy my family simply grabbed the entire batch and finished them within minutes.
I was surprised that all was gone and it was an instant hit.
Therefore, my kids insisted me on making 2 more batches after that. So, by now, I must have baked these cookies in air fryer about 4-5 times.
- Make sure to cut the parchment paper exactly as per your air fryer basket shape so that it does not fall over the cookies. If the parchment paper covers any part of the cookie it won’t brown from the edges.
- Depending on the size of your basket you can make this in 2 batches. Its ok for the batter to sit for a while.
- It is important to press the cookies slightly flat from its center with the back of a small bowl so that it bakes through inside and becomes crispier from outside.
These can be stored at room temperature for about 2 weeks and 1 month in the refrigerator. Simply oven toast it and let it cool down for crispier cookies.
Yes, make the batter following the mentioned steps. Then, scoop the cookies with the help of a cookie scoop on the prepared cookie sheet that is covered with parchment paper. Shape them by flattening at its center with the back of a small bowl and place the sheet in the preheated oven at 350 degrees. Bake them for 35-40 minutes or until light brown in color. Tur it off, take it out and let them cool completely.
Yes, it is important to place parchment paper for this recipe so that the batter does not drip through the holes and sets well while baking.
A lot depends on the type of pudding that you will use in this recipe. Apart from that I have used little cornstarch to bind them well. Rest of the ingredients are healthy. However, I would recommend enjoying these occasionally since it’s a dessert.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments along with a 5-star rating. In addition, you may follow me on Facebook or tag @kiipfit on Instagram with your recipe remake images because we would love to see what you cooked.
You may also check out my cookbooks for every day comfort vegan recipes.
Air Fryer Cookies
- 2 tbsp. flaxmeal (soaked in 1/4 cup water)
- 1/2 cup vegan vanilla pudding
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl combine soaked flax meal, vanilla pudding, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Mix it well until a thick jelly like texture is formed. Keep it aside.
- In another bowl combine almond flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Mix and keep it aside.
- Place a parchment paper in the air fryer basket and keep it ready. Fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and keep mixing with spoon until a dough like batter is formed.
- Now, toss in chocolate chips to it and mix again.
- With the help of a cookie scoop place cookies in the prepared air fryer basket. Press each cookie with the back of a small bowl from its center to shape it round and make it little flatter so they are cooked through inside. Attach the air fryer basket to the air fryer and turn it on at 300 degree for 20 minutes. Once done, turn it off and take it out. Let it cool down completely so they become firm and crisp. Enjoy!
- soak flax meal until it almost absorbs the liquid and is more like jelly like texture.
- Any vegan pudding can be used for this recipe. Do not use pudding mix use ready to eat vanilla pudding.
- How to oven bake: follow the steps until step 4. Then, scoop the cookies on a prepared cookie sheet covered with a parchment paper. Flatten them at its center with the back of a bowl into a round shape. Then, pace it in a pre-heated oven at 350-degree Fahrenheit for about 35-40 minutes or until golden brown in color. Turn it off and take it out. Let it cool completely.
- You may bake them in two batches in the air fryer depending on the size of your air fryer basket.
- make sure to shape the parchment paper exactly in the shape of your air fryer basket because if it covers the cookies then the cookies wont brown evenly.
- This recipe makes 10 cookies and the serving size is 1 cookie per person.
- Store them at room temperature for 1-2 weeks or for about 1 month in the refrigerator. If storing in the refrigerator then oven toast it for 1-2 minutes and turn it off and the let it cool down to room temperature so that they firm up again.
Moop Brown says
I appreciate the way this recipe uses the air fryer as I’m always trying to incorporate more air fryer recipes into my diet. I also think the use of vanilla pudding for this recipe is super unique as well!
I’ve cooked so many recipes in my air fryer, but I didn’t realize you could also bake cookies! I love that these are vegan too.
Heidy L McCallum says
This recipe was excellent, and I can not stress enough how much our guests enjoyed this recipe. I loved the instructions and tips! I am looking forward to trying a few other recipes I noticed today! Have a wonderful day!
Thank you Heidy!
Wow! I didn’t know that you can make cookies in an air fryer! This is another reason why I need to buy one 😉
Air fryer cookies? Yes, please! Especially since they’re so easy to make and perfect for when 2pm strikes
I had no idea you could make delicious cookies right in the air fryer! It’s so easy and they come out so yummy.
it really does come out well.
Never thought to make cookies in my air fryer! Genius and love that these are vegan too. Can’t wait to try!
Thank you Heather.
These Air Fryer Cookies were so darn good. I swear I almost devoured all of them myself, lol! Definitely a recipe I will be keeping around!
yay! so glad you like them Heidy.