Crunchy and flavorful Air Fryer Green Beans are the perfect side dish that pairs with almost everything. It’s easy, quick, oil free and healthy.
I love my air fryer and often cook in it to get the same traditional taste in my recipes but healthier.
However, air frying green beans was a game changer. Even my daughters loved to eat green vegetable and so now I frequently make this style of green beans.
Health benefits of green beans
These are high in vitamin K and calcium thereby supporting strong and healthy bones. Its also a good source of vitamin B which helps in fighting depression. At the same time, they provide folate in the required amount.
My vegan green bean casserole is a must try because its so filling and I made it in one pot too.
Hence, you must try this air fryer vegan green beans and add this recipe on your menu because it’s so so good.
Ingredients for air fryer green beans recipe
Fresh green beans
I used only 6 ingredients to make this amazing and super nutritious side vegetable for your family.
Green beans – fresh green beans work best in this recipe. Make sure to trim the edges.
Nutritional yeast – this adds a nice cheesy flavor along with nutrition of vitamin B12 to this green bean recipe.
Garlic powder – this adds a nice flavor in here.
Sliced almonds – I added them to make this dish more presentable plus bring a nutty flavor to this air fried green beans recipe.
For detailed measurement of ingredients, please scroll down to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to make Air Fryer Green Beans
Firstly, I rinsed the green beans well in a colander. Then, with the help of a kitchen towel, I gently pat dry them so as to remove extra moisture from the beans.
Secondly, in a bowl, I combined together green beans, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Next, with my wet hands, I mixed them well so as to coat the seasonings to all the strands of the green beans.
Thereafter, I spooned it out in the air fryer basket and spread them so that they are in single layer.
Next, I topped them with sliced almonds and attached the basket to the main air fryer.
Afterwards, I turned it on at 380 degree for 12 minutes. Once done, I turned it off and placed them in the serving dish with the help of tongs.
These tasted amazing and so crispy and crunchy. I was happy that I can now include a variety of green vegetables in my family’s diet. They love this style of green beans in air fryer.
- You may top them with vegan parmesan cheese too.
- To make it simpler you may just toss green beans with salt and pepper and air fry. Laster garnish with vegan cheese or just enjoy it as is.
- You may drizzle 1-2 tsp olive oil over them so as to mix all the ingredients together.
- After rinsing it is important to pat dry the green beans for the best results.
- Since I made this recipe oil free so we just need to damp our hands to mix all the ingredients. Do not add any extra water to it.
This recipe taste best when served immediately.
No! simply rinse, pat dry and season and air fry.
I prefer using fresh green beans for this recipe for the crunchy and crispy results.
My other air fryer vegetables:
This post may contain affiliate links which means that if you click on them and also make a purchase, I will get a small commission. Moreover, I share only those products which I use personally and love.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. I am very excited to hear back from you.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with a 5-star rating.
In addition, you may checkout my cookbook for everyday comfort vegan recipes.
Air Fryer Green Beans
- Rinse green beans in a colander and pat dry them with kitchen towel so that there is no extra moisture. Trim the edges of each green beans.
- In a bowl, combine green beans, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix it with a spoon roughly. Then wet your hands with water (shake off the extra water so that your hands are just damp). Mix all the ingredients in the bowl with hands so the seasonings stick to all the green bean strands.
- Spoon it out in the air fryer basket and spread it so its in one layer. Top it with sliced almonds and attach the air fryer basket to the main air fryer.
- Turn it on at 380 degree for 12 minutes. At 6 minutes pause and detach the basket and shake it. Attach it to the main machine and air fry again for another 6 minutes.
- Turn it off and detach the basket. Spoon it out in the serving dish and serve immediately.
- This recipe taste best when served immediately. If kept for long green beans would lose its texture and become mushy and very chewy.
- If you plan to double this recipe then make sure to air fry in batches for the best results.
- When you wet your hands to mix all the ingredients make sure to shake your hands to remove extra water. Lightly damp hands work best here.