These 3 Ingredient Almond Butter Cookies are crisp from outside and chewy from inside. Its easy to bake and delightful to snack on. Along with being vegan they are gluten free and paleo friendly.
These flourless cookies are not overly sweetened and are little different from the regular ones. However, they are just as delicious and not to forget they are healthy as well.
Ingredients for 3 Ingredient Almond Butter Cookies
Flaxmeal – I used it as an egg replacer. It also has health benefits and adds fiber to this dessert.
Brown sugar – I used it to sweeten them perfectly so these cookies have nice sweet flavor but not too sweet. Therefore, I worked on using it to the minimum quantity so as to just add it in the right amount.
Almond Butter – I used fresh ground almond butter for this dessert. Its healthy, protein rich and loaded with fiber. It’s a heart healthy ingredient and it tastes amazing in these cookies.
How to bake these 3 Ingredient Almond Butter Cookies
Firstly, I combined all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and whipped them up into a thick sticky cookie batter.
Secondly, I dropped about 1 tbsp of the batter on the cookie sheet. Then, I shaped them into round balls and gently flattened them with the fork.
Thereafter, I placed the cookie sheet in the preheated oven and baked them for 15 minutes.
Once done, I turned off the oven and took them out. Then, I let them cool completely until they started leaving the sides of the parchment paper.
Lastly, we enjoyed this dessert heartily.
- Its important to use the right type of almond butter for this recipe. I used fresh ground almond butter. However, if you use the bottled one make sure to read the ingredient label. It should not be flavored or sweetened.
- For softer version, bake them for 15 minutes. For crispier cookies bake them for 18 minutes or until they start turning dark brown.
- Most importantly, let them cool completely before handling these cookies so that they become firm and crispier.
Frequently asked questions:
How long do these lasts?
They have a long shelf life. You may store them in an air tight container at room temperature for about 2 weeks.
What type of almond butter should I use for this dessert?
I have provided the link in the ingredients under the recipe card for your reference. However, I recommend you to use absolutely pure almond butter to get the perfect taste of this recipe.
Is it necessary to soak flax meal for longer time?
You may simply mix flax meal and water. Then, whip it up and use it immediately. Usually soaking flax meal for about 5 minutes is recommended for recipes but for this one soaking for too long is not required and can be used immediately.
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
3 Ingredient Almond Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven at 350 degree and prepare a cookie sheet with a parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients and mix well with a spoon/spatula until all the ingredients absorbs into each other and a dough like batter forms.
- Drop about 1 tbsp of the cookie batter on the cookie sheet at about ¼ inch gap. Then, take them between your palms and make round balls and place them back on the sheet. Then, with a fork press gently from the middle. Then, again gently press it again with a fork from the other side to give a criss cross effect on the cookies. As they bake the cookies might spread a little which is ok.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake it for 15 minutes. If you want crispier cookies then bake for 18 minutes. The cookies would turn brown in color and the bottom may start to darken.
- Turn off the oven and place the cookie sheet on a flat surface. Do not try to lift the cookies at this point. Let it cool completely and they will start leaving the parchment paper on their own. If the cookies stick together then don’t worry let them cool down and they will leave their sides as well.
- Once completely cooled these cookies become crispier and firmer. Enjoy!
- This recipe makes 18 cookies and the serving size is 1 cookie per person.
- Store them in an air tight container at room temperature for about 2 weeks.
- I used fresh almond butter for this recipe. If you use bottled almond butter then make sure to read the ingredients as only roasted almonds.
- I have provided step wise images in the post above for your reference.