These perfectly baked, soft and chewy White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies call for festive baking. It’s made with simple ingredients, super easy to bake and delightful to watch them disappear.
This is a sponsored post but the opinion and review are mine. I have personally used the product and totally love it.
I baked these cookies in my new toaster oven sponsored by Cosori. It comes with its accessories and 11 preset options. Easy controls with LED displays. It has nonstick interior which makes cleaning absolutely easy and hassle free. It has a large capacity to fit a medium – large pizza size. Its convection fan and 4 heating elements evenly cook your food by circulating hot air within the toaster oven. The built size is quite manageable that fits on the counter top easily and is light to carry.
This wonderful toaster oven is easily available online here. A great holiday gift idea which will make everyone happy.
Ingredients for White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
Cocoa Butter – it’s the main ingredient to make vegan white chocolate from scratch.
Powdered Sugar – I used to maintain the white color of the chocolate.
Vanilla extract – This gives a subtle flavor and aroma to the final outcome.
Macadamia nuts – This gives a nutty but authentic flavor to the white chocolate.
Old fashioned oats – I used it because of its wholegrain properties and also to make these cookies healthier.
Baking Powder – It makes baked goods fluffy and rises well.
Salt – this act like an agent to baking powder.
Banana – I used it as an egg replacer.
Dried Cranberries – To give it a festive touch as well as it’s a healthy fruit with antioxidants.
How to make White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
Firstly, I melted cocoa butter in a saucepan. After that, I tossed in powdered sugar along with vanilla extract.
Secondly, I blended the melted butter with macadamia nuts and kept it aside.
Next, in a large mixing bowl I combined oats, baking powder and salt. Mixed them well with a spatula/spoon.
Thereafter, I folded in white chocolate, mashed banana and dried cranberries into the oats mixture and mixed the batter well with a spatula.
Afterwards, with the help of a cookie scoop I placed 8 cookies on the prepared cookie sheet. Further, gently with the help of fingers I shaped them round.
Lastly, I placed the cookie sheet in the pre-heated oven and consequently, I baked them for 20 minutes.
Now, turn off the oven and take the cookies out. Place the cookie sheet on a flat surface and let them cool for 4-5 minutes.
- After mixing up the batter let the batter sit for only 1 minute. This will blend the ingredients well and the cookies will rise even better.
- While making white chocolate, melt the butter on a high flame. Immediately, turn it off and then mix in sugar and vanilla extract. This way the sugar does not crystallize.
- Do not mash the bananas way ahead of time. Therefore, I would recommend to mash it in a separate bowl as soon as you are ready to mix it in the batter. This way it’s easier to maintain the white color of the cookies.
Frequently asked question:
How long do they last?
These cookies taste best when consumed on the same day especially out of the oven. However, you may, store them in an air tight container at room temperature for 2-3 days or in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
What is the best way to reheat them?
If you have an Air fryer then certainly air fry them. The cookies would be crispier and nicer to hold. Or else bake it in the oven/toaster oven.
Can these cookies be baked in an Air fryer instead of an oven?
Absolutely yes. I have mentioned the details in the recipe card under notes.
This might interest you:
White Chocolate Granola
My other popular cookie recipes:
Peanut Butter Sweet Potato Cookies
Apple Sauce Pumpkin Cookies
Chocolate Cauliflower Protein Cookies
Chocolate Orange Ganache Protein Cookies
Almond Butter Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below and also rate this recipe. You may also tag @kiipfit on Instagram and I will definitely shout it out there.
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
For white chocolate
- 1/4 cup cocoa butter
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted macadamia nuts
- 2 tbsp powdered white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the cookies
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large banana (mashed)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven at 375-degree Fahrenheit and prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a nonstick saucepan/stock pot melt cocoa butter on high flame (about 1-2 minutes).
- Turn off the flame and stir in sugar and vanilla
- In a blender combine cocoa butter mixture and macadamia nuts and blend it smooth.
- In a mixing bowl combine oats, baking powder and
salt. Mix it with a spoon.
- Now, fold in white chocolate, mashed banana and
dried cranberries into oats mixture. Mix it well with a spatula and let it rest
for 1 minute.
- With the help of a cookie scoop place 8 cookies
on the cookie sheet.
- With your fingers gently shape them round without pressing it too hard. (make sure to only shape it from the top and do not press it from the top or else it will break).
- Place the sheet in the oven and bake it for 20 minutes. Once done, turn off the oven and take the cookie sheet out of it. Place the cookie sheet on a flat surface and let the cookies cool down for 5 minutes. This process will make the cookies firm and they will leave the parchment paper easily without breaking.
- For Air Fry option: Follow until step 6. Then, grease the basket and place the cookies with the help of a cookie scoop. Gently shape it as described in step 8. Air fry it at 300 degree for 15 minutes. Turn it off and take the basket out. Let it cool for 2 minutes. The cookies will be crispier as compared to oven baked and brown in color.
- This recipe makes 8 cookies and serving size is 1 cookie each person.
- For storage: These cookies taste best when eaten immediately. However, it can be stored in the room temperature for 2-3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- For reheating: If you plan to refrigerate these, Re-bake it in the oven for the best results.
- If possible, air fry it for only 2-3 minutes at 300 degree. This will make the cookies crispier.
- These cookies when stored becomes softer but tastes just like a cake.
- I have provided step images in the post above.