Crispy, healthy and flavorful Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts serves as a perfect vegetable side dish. Crunchy bites with being tender inside and delicious all the way through.
I started liking brussels sprouts recently and since then have discovered many ways to enjoy this nutritious vegetable.
For a combination of veggies and protein, I love my crispy tofu salad bowl.
Health benefits of brussels sprouts
These are said to be cold weather superfood because of vitamin content and cancer fighting benefits. They also help in managing blood pressure, cholesterol and heart diseases. Along with being lower in calories they are low in sodium too.
Ingredients for air fried brussels sprouts
Extra virgin olive oil
Tajin (to garnish)
I have used only 6 main ingredients for this best air fryer brussels sprouts. Its so easy and quick and can be made in short notice.
Brussels sprouts – I used fresh whole brussels sprouts. You can get fresh sliced as well and both works well.
Extra virgin olive oil – avocado oil or olive oil also works equally great in this recipe.
Balsamic vinegar – make sure to use balsamic vinegar and not balsamic glaze. The slight tang and the salty taste enhance the flavors and makes this dish attractive and tasty.
Tajin – it’s a spicy tangy seasoning that I used here for an extra punch of flavors.
For detailed measurement of ingredients, please scroll down to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to make Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Firstly, I rinsed them and apt dried each of the vegetable. Then, I trimmed its edges and sliced them into two halves.
Secondly, in a bowl, I combined brussels sprouts with extra virgin olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar.
Next, I tossed it well so that each half of brussels sprout is covered with the seasonings.
Thereafter, I spooned them out in the air fryer basket and spread them in a single layer.
Afterwards, I attached the basket to the main machine and turned it on at 350 degree for 8 minutes.
Once done, I turned it off and detached the basket.
Then, I served them in a serving dish and sprinkled tajin over it.
We all loved this vegetable as a side dish with our dinner.
What to serve
- It is important to pat dry the vegetable with the kitchen tissue so as to avoid any extra moisture. This also helps in crisping them.
- Toss all the ingredients very well before air frying so that each brussels sprouts is well seasoned and absorbs flavor.
This tastes best when served immediately. If any leftovers, refrigerate in a container to be used the next day.
Its best to air fry again at 350 degree for 2 minutes.
I would recommend using fresh one for the best results and for the ultra-crispy and crunchy bites.
My other air fryer recipes
This post may contain affiliate links which means that if you click on them and also make a purchase, I will get a small commission. Moreover, I share only those products which I use personally and love.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. I am very excited to hear back from you.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with a 5-star rating.
In addition, you may checkout my cookbook for everyday comfort vegan recipes.
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Rinse Brussels sprouts well and pat dry them with kitchen towel. Then, trim the edges and slice each of them vertical into two halves.
- In a bowl, combine halved brussels sprouts, extra virgin olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar. Mix it well with a spoon.
- Spoon it out in the air fryer basket and attach it to the main air fryer. (Make sure to spread brussels sprouts in one single layer). Turn it on at 350 degree for 8 minutes.
- Once done, turn it off and detach the air fryer basket from the main air fryer. Spoon out the cooked brussels sprouts in a serving dish. Sprinkle tajin if desired and enjoy immediately.
- You may use fresh whole brussels sprouts or sliced fresh brussels sprouts here. But do not use frozen brussels sprouts for the best results.
- Make sure to use balsamic vinegar and not balsamic glaze.
- This recipe tastes best when served immediately. Refrigerate the leftovers in a glass container to be used the next day. Air fry again at 350 degree for 2 minutes before serving.