Tofu Zucchini Herb Scramble is a wholesome and protein rich morning meal with delicious flavors. It’s easy to cook and takes only about 20 minutes to be ready.
Tofu in this scramble is complimented with freshly grated zucchini and cooked with fresh herbs. It is a delightful and filing morning meal for weekdays or a quick brunch for weekends.
Simply pair this Tofu Zucchini Herb Scramble with whole grain toast or a gluten free toast and make your mornings super delicious.
I am personally extremely fond of tofu. It is not only rich in protein but is a great source of calcium as well. Tofu is absolutely desirable especially for a plant based diet.
The general idea of a vegan/plant based diet is that people tend to eat a lot of tofu. Even though this is not true, I do not mind eating tofu most of the time. Many have the perception that tofu isn’t flavorful and can be really bland.
I agree but if cooked properly tofu tastes divine and out of this world. The best way of cooking tofu is to press and drain it properly before cooking.
However, some recipes call for using it immediately which tastes amazing as well. In this case you just have to cook a little extra to dry it.
How to make Tofu Zucchini Herb Scramble
For this breakfast recipe, I heated oil in a nonstick pan (feel free to avoid oil altogether). I thoroughly pressed tofu and crumbled it.
Thereafter, I added tofu in it. I cooked crumbled tofu until satisfactorily dried and also started browning a bit. Immediately, I added grated zucchini (no need to squeeze water out of this green vegetable).
In this step, I sauteed them very well and let the scramble cook for a while until zucchini was well cooked and on a drier side.
Afterwards, I folded in fresh herbs and cooked covered. The herbs added a lot of aroma to this scramble and enhanced its flavor.
Lastly, I seasoned it lightly and paired it with crispy toast.
Tofu Zucchini Herb Scramble tasted outstanding and simply mind-blowing. I must admit that I have never eaten such an exquisite and delectable scramble recipe.
I have a list of some of my favorite breakfast recipe and Tofu Zucchini Herb Scramble is definitely one of them.
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to what you cooked.
Tofu Zucchini Herb Scramble
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 14 oz pack of extra firm tofu (pressed,drained and crumbled)
- 1 medium zucchini (coarsely grated)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- Salt as per taste
- Heat oil in nonstick frying pan. Add crumbled tofu and cook until tofu is dried up completely and starts browning.
- Add grated zucchini and saute well. Cook thoroughly.
- Add rest of the ingredients and mix very well. Turn off the flame. (Do not overcook). Enjoy it warm with whole grain/gluten free toast.
- No need to squeeze out water from zucchini. Just grate it coarsely and use it immediately.
- If desired this scramble can be made oil free. If you have a very good nonstick pan then you can cook tofu directly on it. Or you may also use cooking spray just to grease the pan.