7 Ingredient Green Monster Veggie Burger is a delicious meal with immense nutrition and also it is super easy to make.
I made it with and without gluten free options and both tasted outstanding. I have already made it twice on my family’s demand. Even meat lovers would appreciate this recipe to utmost.
This burger suffices the requirement to eat green veggies. It’s a make ahead recipe. Just store the patties in the refrigerator for a week in an air tight container. The leftover tastes even better because as the days pass by the flavors blend deeper and deeper.
How to make 7 ingredient green monster veggie burger
For this I used fresh broccoli florets and frozen peas which I roughly crushed in the food processor.
Thereafter, I added some chopped spinach and folded in chickpea flour to add some protein to the burger patties.
Afterwards seasoned it with few simple spices and shaped them into flat thick patties.
Lastly, I cooked the patties on the nonstick pan.
The only trick to this recipe is to make the patties and cook them as soon as you mix all the ingredients. Otherwise the green vegetables would start releasing its water making it difficult for you to form patties out of it.
Since Father’s day is almost there this 7 Ingredient Green Monster Veggie Burger would serve best for lunch/dinner menu. Pair it with some fries or a side salad and dollops of ketchup. Dads are going to definitely love this recipe and would want it again and again.
Ingredients for 7 ingredients green monster veggie burger
Broccoli – A great source of dietary fiber broccoli is high in all the necessary vitamins and minerals. Broccoli helps in detoxification and promotes bone health. This vegetable also helps fight chronic diseases and is considered one of the best health food to be consumed.
Green peas – It’s a good source of vitamin K and dietary fiber. Green peas help in weight management and prevent stomach cancer. It has anti – inflammatory properties and also helps in blood sugar regulation.
Spinach – Low in fat and low in cholesterol spinach is a popular green vegetable. We are always encouraged to consume spinach on a regular basis. The most noticeable benefit of spinach is that it’s a great source of protein for infants.
Chickpea flour – It is vegan, gluten free and high in protein along with being super versatile. Chickpea flour is used in sweet and savory dishes. It’s a healthy substitute to processed flour in many recipes. It helps in weight management, regulates blood sugar and is a great source of fiber.
7 Ingredient Green Monster Veggie Burger
- frying pan
- 1 cup broccoli florets (blanched)
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Salt as per taste
- In a food processor combine broccoli florets and green peas and crush them roughly.
- Spoon out the crushed mixture in a large mixing bowl and rest of the ingredients.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan and grease it well with a cooking spray.
- Mix the batter and divide it into 4 equal parts.
- Make flat round shaped patties immediately between palms and place them on the warm frying pan.
- Let them cook properly until brown on one side and then flip them to the other side. Let them cook again until brown and little firm.
- Turn off the flame and enjoy the patties between buns along with your choice of dressing and salad.
- Measure spinach after chopping.
- Measure broccoli florets before blanching.
- All the green veggies will quickly start releasing their water so as soon as you mix the batter quickly make patties and place them immediately on the pan.
- If not on a gluten free diet then feel free to add ¼ cup bread crumbs to make these patties firmer.
- Refrigerate these patties in an air tight container for about a week.