The gorgeous Tempeh Parmesan Burger with Habanero Dip is simply calling out to all the burger lovers. A wholesome meal with balanced protein and other nutrients this surely is a winner. It’s a dream come true for all the plant based eaters. It will make everyone happy, even the meat eaters.
Its made with simple ingredients, these burgers are bursting with flavors, especially when Habanero dip generously flows out of the burger while digging your teeth into it.
Ingredients for Tempeh Parmesan Burger with Habanero Dip
- I made these patties with original tempeh, almond flour, vegan parmesan cheese (powdered style) and some herbs for seasoning.
- To make it even more delicious and desirable I blended some habanero dip with a vegan yogurt base and some nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor. Habanero dip is good on almost anything. I always make the dip in bulk and refrigerate it.
However, since it has yogurt the dip might get a little sour after a while but I like that taste too.
These versatile patties can be devoured as a lettuce wrap. I enjoy these patties on any greens with generous serving of the dip.
I would like to warn a little that the Habanero dip is spicy and it will set your taste buds on fire.
If you are a habanero fan then I am sure you know what I mean. These peppers are super desirable and flavor any dish with its zesty spice. I love these peppers.
While handling habanero peppers do not forget to wear cooking gloves. Also remember to wash your hands afterwards or you may feel the pepper all day long.
For all those tempeh lovers…… if you are looking for more delicious and creative recipes with tempeh then you definitely have to try my jalapeno tempeh cheese sandwich .
Go forth and get your hands on this Tempeh Parmesan Burger with Habanero Dip.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram .
Tempeh Parmesan Burger with Habanero Dip
For the burger
For the dip
- 2 tbsp plain vegan yogurt
- 3 whole habanero peppers (deseeded)
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a large mixing bowl combined all the ingredients for the burger. Mix well with hands. Form tight round patty shape and keep it aside gently. (It might crumble a bit).
- Heat a nonstick frying pan and grease it. Gently place the burger patties on it and let it cook on a medium – low flame. Once brown on one side careful flip to the other side. (Its ok if it crumbles a bit in the process). Cook until brown.
- In the meanwhile, in a blender combine all the ingredients of the dip and blend it smooth.
- Prepare burger buns by spreading the dip, your choice of veggies, sun dried tomatoes and the patties. Enjoy!
- I used kite hill almond based yogurt. Make sure to use plain yogurt.
- To reduce the spice level of the dip you may use 1 habanero pepper (deseeded) if desired.
- The patties might crumble a bit while cooking but the taste remains the same and extremely delicious.
- This recipe can be enjoyed as a lettuce wrap as well in order to reduce the carb intake.