This easy peasy Chickpeas Zucchini Burger is a delight to the taste buds. Not to forget that its loaded with protein and other nutrients. It is desirable for every occasion and is a make-ahead recipe that stores well.
So our fathers are special and we all want to make this Father’s Day very special and memorable for the entire family and obviously any event without yummilicious food is incomplete.
My Dad and my Husband basically the two men in my family are super fond of burgers and their idea is to dip the burger into the garlic flavored fries instead of any ketchup…. Hahahhaha…. Trust me it’s not an imagination they actually shower their burgers with garlic fries.
I know this sounds delicious and mouthwatering but I have to keep a check on their healthy eating as well irrespective of the occasion.
So I came up with the idea Chickpeas Zucchini Burger with a balance of protein and green vegetable and their love for grilling. Also, I won’t worry about the nutrition part even if they drown their burgers into their favorite garlic fries. HAHAHAHA!!!
Ingredients for Chickpeas Zucchini Burger
How to make Chickpeas Zucchini Burger
- Firstly,I combined mashed chickpeas for protein and healthy carb.
- Secondly, I added grated zucchini since its summer and they are the best summer green veggie,
- Next, I added some grated carrots since they add color and flavor and enhances vitamins in the burger
- Thereafter, I spiced it with fresh jalapeno peppers.
- Now, I used chickpea flour for binding and seasoned it with salt, sriracha sauce and cumin powder and flavored with dried garlic.
- Lastly, folded them into patty shape between my plams and cooked them.
I suddenly felt a gush of burger craving. Am I dreaming? Huh! I guess I need to make some burgers pre- Father’s Day! 🙂
For me, this burger is going to be in a lettuce wrap form along with some side salad but its super delicious with burger buns. Just add lettuce, tomatoes, and onions between the burger buns along with the Chickpeas Zucchini Burger Patties and spread some dressing on the inside of the buns like my earlier tofu sriracha dressing post. MMMM!
I got to go now and make a burger for myself right away.
- Make sure to measure zucchini after grating and squeezing it out.
- As the patty cools down they firm up so don;t worry if they sift immediately out of the grill/oven.
I’m seriously drooling!!! 🙂
- These burger are best when served immediately. However, they can be refrigerated in a air tight container for about a week.
- These can be made in indoor grill/nonstick skillet/frying pan/outdoor grill. I have explained in details in the recipe card below under notes section.
My other chickpea recipes are:
My other Burger recipes are:
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback below in the comment section and also rate this recipe. You may tag @kiipfit on Instagram as I would love to see what you cook.
Chickpeas Zucchini Burger
- 2 cups garbanzo beans/chickpeas (boiled,drained and mashed)
- 2 cups zucchini (grated and squeezed)
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 whole jalapeno pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix very well with your hands.
- Divide the mix into 8 equal portions.
- Heat your grill or nonstick pan and grease it with cooking spray.
- Now take 1 portion of the mix between palms and form a ball gently. Then carefully press in the middle of the ball between palms to form cutlet/patty shape.
- Now put the patty directly on the grill or nonstick pan and let it cook for few minutes until one side turns brown then flip the patty to the other side and cook again until brown.
- Repeat the same process for all the patties.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with your favorite burger buns along with sliced tomatoes, lettuce and cheese and some Caesar salad on the side or as lettuce wraps with some ketchup on the side.
- Measure zucchini after grating and squeezing. Make sure to remove seeds if any and squeeze as much as possible.
- I used indoor electric grill for these patties that had the top cover grill as well so I didn’t have to flip. If you are using nonstick pan for making these patties flip it gently with the help of two flat spatulas or else the patties may break since they will be soft at this time. The patties will stiffen as they cool down.
- If using oven to bake these patties preheat the oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit and these patties in lined cookie sheet and bake for at least 30 minutes or until the patties are brown.
- If using outdoor grill for BBQ then add some bread crumbs/vegan panko to the burger mix to make a dry consistency for your convenience of grilling.
- The patties can be refrigerated in an air tight container for a week.