Creamy Tomato Cucumber Pasta Salad is nicely flavored with herbs and tossed in cashew based homemade dressing. It’s a wholesome healthy family meal with simple ingredients.
Pasta is extremely regular in my house because we all are pasta lovers. I make chipotle pasta every week because my daughter loves it.
I also make pasta primavera to include lots of veggies in our meal. However, this cucumber pasta salad is outstandingly delicious and involves no cooking.
I never thought combining cucumber and pasta together but trust me this combination is outstanding especially with the dressing that I blended for this recipe.
Health benefits of cucumber
Its low in calories and helps in weight loss. Its refreshing and hydrating in warm weather. Its easy to digest and has a great water content along with fiber.
Health benefits of tomatoes
It’s loaded with vitamin A and C and are low in calories and carb. It forms a great curry base and also tastes excellent as raw.
You will love my tomato and cucumber pasta salad because its:
- Healthy and protein packed
- Refreshing and no cooking involved
- Vegan and deliciously flavored with fresh herbs
- Its oil free and loaded with fiber
Ingredients for best tomato cucumber pasta salad
For the dressing
Apple cider vinegar
I have used these easily available ingredients in this make-ahead tomato cucumber pasta salad recipe and can be conveniently incorporated in your weekly meal plan.
Pasta – even though any pasta of your choice works here, I prefer chickpea or lentil pasta so as to add more protein to this recipe.
Cucumber – regular green cucumber works great here.
Tomatoes – cherry or grape tomatoes work best but if that’s not available you may opt for regular roma tomatoes and chop it into small squares or thin slices.
Onion – I like to use red onion for my salads because its sweeter and taste great as raw. Also gives a nice purple color to the dishes.
Cashew nuts – this makes a creamy base for the dressing and is tastier too.
Coconut milk – I used tetra pack coconut milk to keep it lighter. You may also use canned lightened and unsweetened coconut milk. Almond milk or hemp milk also works here.
Dijon mustard – its easily available in the market and this give a nice hint of mustard along with a tang to this salad dressing.
For detailed measurement of ingredients, please scroll down to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to make Tomato Cucumber Pasta Salad
Firstly, I boiled pasta as per the package instructions. Then, I drained it and kept it aside.
Secondly, in a large bowl, I combined cucumber, tomato and onion and kept it aside.
Next, I combined all the dressing ingredients in the blender.
Then, I blended it until smooth and creamy.
Thereafter, I tossed in pasta to the bowl along with the other salad ingredients.
Afterwards, I drizzled the dressing over it.
Lastly, I mixed it well and garnished it with more dill.
I served it immediately and this became our favorite lunch instantly.
Even my fussy husband loved it and my kids appreciated a new pasta recipe.
What to serve with this pasta salad with tomatoes and cucumbers
It is complete in itself and we love it as the main dish. However, sometimes, I love to serve tofu nuggets on the side with this. Also, vegan cabbage soup pairs well with it. If you want to your table spready fancy then you may serve dinner rolls or roasted onion bread with it too.
- Make sure to cool the pasta before tossing it into the other ingredients.
- It is important to squeeze whole 1 large lemon for the best taste.
- Most importantly, use high speed blender so that the dressing is smooth.
This taste best when served immediately. However, you may refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight container for about 5-6 days.
Yes! Depending on the type of pasta you use you can make it low carbohydrate and high protein salad. Also, all the ingredients provide vitamins and minerals along with fiber in this recipe, thereby making it great to consume every day.
I tested this recipe by refrigerating and it worked great. I also like to make it fresh after a week because its so easy. Hence, I recommend to store it in the refrigerator.
My other salad recipes that you might like:
This post may contain affiliate links which means that if you click on them and also make a purchase, I will get a small commission. Moreover, I share only those products which I use personally and love.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. I am very excited to hear back from you.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with a 5-star rating.
In addition, you may checkout my cookbook for everyday comfort vegan recipes.
Tomato Cucumber Pasta Salad
- 2 cups dry chickpea pasta
- 1 whole cucumber (sliced or chopped )
- 1/2 cup sliced grape/cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onions
- Cook pasta as per the package instructions, drain and keep it aside.
- In a large salad bowl, combine cucumber, tomato and onion and keep it aside.
- In a blender combine all the dressing ingredients (cashew nuts, coconut milk, lemon juice, dill, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, Dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar). Blend it until smooth and creamy. Keep it aside.
- Toss in pasta along with cucumber, tomato and onion in the bowl and drizzle the dressing over it. Mix it well. Adjust salt and pepper as per taste.
- Garnish with some more fresh dill and serve.
- This taste best when served immediately, but the leftovers can be refrigerated in an air tight glass container for about 5-6 days.
- I used chickpea pasta from Banza to add more protein and nutrition in this salad. You may use your choice of pasta. The nutritional value will vary depending on the type of pasta you use in this recipe.
- Make sure to use plain coconut milk beverage style that comes in tetra pack just like any other milk.
- Soak cashew nuts in warm water until soft. Test it by crushing one cashew nut with your fingers.