This lightened and nutritious Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Protein Smoothie is a dessert in a beverage form. It is absolutely kid friendly and refreshing.
I love smoothies for my breakfast so I try and include a variety of flavors in it. My kids devour all the vegan smoothies that I keep experimenting. Hence this vegan strawberry shortcake smoothie is very much loved my by family.
My healthy salted caramel smoothie is a must try and is a perfect meal replacement.
We love fresh watermelon smoothie with almond milk for a cool drink during hot sunny days.
For a variety of flavors you must try my chai smoothie.
Health benefits of strawberries
Its high in fiber and are packed with anti-oxidants. Being a great source of vitamin K its a heart healthy fruit with being low in calories at the same time.
You will love my Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie because:
- Its high in fiber and other nutrients
- kid friendly and refreshing
- Taste very similar to traditional strawberry shortcake
- Its healthy and protein packed
- Easy to blend and big on flavors
Ingredients for Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie
Vanilla ice cream
Vanilla almond milk
Whipped cream (optional)
I have used only 5 simple ingredients to blend my fresh strawberry smoothie and my family enjoys it every summer.
Strawberries – I made it with fresh strawberries so as to keep its taste very similar to the traditional dessert.
Hempseeds – this adds healthy fats and protein along with fiber to this strawberry smoothie.
Vanilla ice cream – this enhances the taste and its a little treat in this recipe which makes it even more delicious. I used vegan vanilla ice cream so you may either use store bought or your own homemade one.
Almond milk – any dairy free milk works here but I used almond milk to keep it lighter.
Whipped cream – I used vegan whipped cream with a coconut base. I used it for layering just like its layered in the shortcake dessert so that this smoothie tastes the same but healthy.
For detailed measurement of ingredients, please scroll down to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to make Vegan Strawberry Protein Smoothie
Firstly, in a blender, I combined fresh strawberries, almond milk, vanilla ice cream and hemp seeds. Then, i blended it smooth.
Next, I filled half of the serving glass with the blended smoothie.
Then, I added another layer with whipped cream.
Thereafter, I added a third layer of fresh sliced strawberries.
Afterwards, I filled the glass with more blended smoothie.
Lastly, I topped it again with whipped cream and fresh sliced strawberries.
It was delicious and we enjoyed our favorite dessert in a healthier way.
To keep it simpler and lower in calories, blend strawberries, 2-3 dates or 2 tbsp maple syrup, almond milk, 1 tbsp vanilla extract, hempseeds and 1/4 cup crushed ice together in a blender. Pour it in a serving glass. top it with a small scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream, 1 tbsp of whipped cream and lots of fresh sliced strawberries. This will be lower in calories and yet taste delicious.
- It is important to layer with whipped cream so as to give the same taste as the cake dessert.
- Make sure to blend the smoothie very smooth and there should not be any crunch from hempseeds.
It taste best when served immediately.
For blending its ok to use frozen strawberries but when layering and topping fresh strawberries work best here.
Yes! the calories may vary depending on the measurement of whipped cream but otherwise its a very nutritious and healthy smoothie.
My other smoothie recipes are:
This post may contain affiliate links which means that if you click on them and also make a purchase, I will get a small commission. Moreover, I share only those products which I use personally and love.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. I am very excited to hear back from you.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with a 5-star rating.
In addition, you may checkout my cookbook for everyday comfort vegan recipes.
Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Protein Smoothie
- In a blender combine 1 ½ cups strawberries, vegan vanilla ice cream, vanilla almond milk and hempseeds. Blend it smooth.
- Fill half of the serving glass with the smoothie. Cover it with some whipped cream.
- Slice the remaining 1/2 cup strawberries. Add 4-5 sliced strawberries as the third layer in the glass.
- Pour, more smoothie in the glass so that it fills 3/4th of the glass.
- Top it with more whipped cream and more 4-5 sliced strawberries. Repeat the same steps for the other serving glass. Enjoy immediately.
- Variation: To keep it simpler and lower in calories, blend strawberries, 2-3 dates or 2 tbsp maple syrup, almond milk, 1 tbsp vanilla extract, hempseeds and 1/4 cup crushed ice together in a blender. Pour it in a serving glass. top it with a small scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream, 1 tbsp of whipped cream and lots of fresh sliced strawberries. This will be lower in calories and yet taste delicious.
- The nutritional value varies depending on the quantity of the whipped cream you add to this smoothie.
- This taste best when served immediately.