This lightened and nutritious Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Protein Smoothie is a dessert in a beverage form. It is absolutely kid friendly and refreshing.
I am not a baking person. I suck at baking and often find alternatives to baking. This season we have been craving for strawberry shortcakes.
Hence, Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Protein Smoothie!
I decided to infuse its flavor in a smoothie form so we can enjoy it guiltfree and at the same time consume enough nutrition. This smoothie is easy to blend. However, to make it fancy I have explained it in few extra steps.
My daughter loved it the fancier way. Whereas, we grown ups enjoyed it as is, just out of the blender.
I personally tasted this smoothie with whipped cream just to double check Yashvi’s opinion. I must say it tasted far more delicious with whipped cream. It tasted exactly like strawberry shortcake that satisfied our cravings in a healthier form.
Ingredients for Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Protein Smoothie
Vanilla ice cream
Vanilla almond milk
Whipped cream (optional)
How to make Vegan Strawberry Protein Smoothie
In a blender simply combine all the ingredients (except the whipped cream) and blend it smooth.
Then pour the smoothie in the serving glasses and top it with fresh chopped strawberries if desired and enjoy!
How to Make Vegan Strawberry Protein Smoothie fancy and kid friendly
After the first step of blending is achieved fill half of the serving glass with the smoothie.
Then add a second layer of whipped cream.
Afterwards, cover it with sliced fresh strawberries as the third layer.
Thereafter, fill the glass with the smoothie again.
Lastly, top it with whipped cream and sliced fresh strawberries.
Enjoy with a spoon and a straw.
Nutrition facts will vary when you add whipped cream to this smoothie but it is totally worth it.
FAQs for Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Protein Smoothie
- I made this smoothie without any protein powder. I believe in using natural ingredients so I added protein to it with hemp seeds. Moreover, I don’t like the after taste of the store-bought protein powder.
- This smoothie tastes best when consumed immediately.
I would highly recommend to enjoy this smoothie with coconut whipped cream. However, if you decide to skip the whipped cream then please free to adjust the taste with your choice of sweetener.
Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Protein Smoothie
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup vegan vanilla ice cream (1 small scoop)
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut whipped cream (just drizzle amount)
- In a blender combine 1 ½ cups strawberries, vanilla ice cream, vanilla almond milk and hemp seeds.
- Blend it smooth and set it aside.
- At this stage you may enjoy the smoothie as is by adjusting the sweetener as per your taste. (any sweetener of your choice can be used).
- To make it a little fancy and kid friendly. Slice the remaining strawberries and set aside.
- Fill half of the serving glass with the smoothie. Cover it with some whipped cream.
- Then top it with sliced strawberries. Again, pour the smoothie to fill the entire glass.
- Lastly, drizzle the whipped cream again to cover the glass and top it with sliced strawberries.
- Enjoy immediately with a straw and a spoon.
- If you are adding coconut whipped cream to this smoothie then you may not need any sweetener just like us. However, for us the we did not need any sweetener even without the whipped cream. But feel free to add your choice of sweetener as per your taste.
- Any changes regarding to sweetener will change the nutritional facts.
- I would encourage to enjoy it with whipped cream though. It is totally worth it.