Sweet, thick and creamy Tropical Coconut Turmeric Smoothie is made with real ingredients and is ultra refreshing. Easy to blend and delicious in taste, its a great beverage to kickstart your day.
Turmeric is so versatile and can be used in a variety of recipes. In winters I love to make turmeric latte but in summer I love to blend this vegan turmeric smoothie.
Hence, I have also made anti-inflammatory turmeric pancakes and is one of my very popular recipes.
Health benefits of turmeric
It has anti-inflammatory properties and is packed with antioxidants. Its has healing medicinal properties a well and helps boost immunity. Also helps in improving heart health and is a natural antiseptic.
Fresh vs dried turmeric
Fresh turmeric – it close very similar to root ginger with bright orange flesh inside. It has an earthy, bitter and raw taste. It can be easily refrigerated in an air tight container for couple of weeks.
Dried turmeric – it is made from fresh turmeric by peeling, boiling, drying and is found in a ground form. It is commonly used in Indian recipes like dal tadka, butter tofu and many more. Even though in the process of drying it loses some essential oil but is still provides many health benefits. However, this form ahs longer shelf life and can be stored in room temperature for a year in an air tight container.
You will love my fresh turmeric smoothie because:
- Helps facilitate good digestion
- Substitutes well for lunch
- Has healing properties
- Contains good cholesterol and good fats
- Hydrating and loaded with vitamin C
- A good source of potassium
Ingredients for Tropical Turmeric Smoothie recipe
Unsweetened coconut milk
I have used these easily available ingredients for this refreshing anti-inflammatory turmeric smoothie which your family would love immensely.
banana – this helps is adding potassium and magnesium to this beverage along with sweetening it naturally.
orange – its packed with vitamin C and helps in booting immunity.
Mango – this adds lot of flavor and taste along with health benefits to this healthy smoothie.
root turmeric – fresh turmeric is important for this smoothie to bring the vibrant color along with adding many health benefits.
root ginger – its a great digestive and flavors this vegan smoothie beautifully.
coconut flakes – this gives a tropical flavor and adds healthy fats thereby making it a complete meal.
coconut milk – even though any dairy free milk works here, but I prefer tetra packed coconut milk to lighten it up along with adding tropical taste to it.
For detailed measurement of ingredients, please scroll down to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to make Tropical Coconut Turmeric Smoothie
Firstly, in a blender, I blended all the ingredients until smooth.
Secondly, I rubbed the rim of the serving glass with orange wedge. you may use lemon wedge also for this purpose. Then , I dipped the glass rim in the coconut flakes bowl.
Next, I place the glass on a flat counter and poured the smoothie in it.
Lastly, I garnished it with some more grated fresh turmeric and served it.
We loved it so much that I blend this drink quite frequently. Its a guilt free delicious breakfast for me and a complete nourishment.
- Make sure to peel the root turmeric with a peeler before blending or else the extra skin might bother.
- Most importantly, be prepared for your hands and fingers to be lightly yellow colored after handling turmeric but washed ways quite easily with soap and warm water.
This taste best when served immediately.
Yes! I have used the perfect amount of turmeric and other ingredients and within healthy limits so you can enjoy it frequently.
Even though fresh turmeric works best here, you may substitute it with dried turmeric. You may add 1/4 – 1/2 tsp dried turmeric depending on your taste in this recipe.
My other healthy smoothie recipes are:
This post may contain affiliate links which means that if you click on them and also make a purchase, I will get a small commission. Moreover, I share only those products which I use personally and love.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. I am very excited to hear back from you.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with a 5-star rating.
In addition, you may checkout my cookbook for everyday comfort vegan recipes.
Tropical Coconut Turmeric Smoothie
- In a blender combine all the ingredients and blend it smooth.
- Take some coconut flakes in a bowl/plate and keep it aside. Now, rub the glass rim with orange/lemon wedge. Dip the glass rim in the coconut flakes. (This step is totally optional, it is for presentation purpose).
- Pour the smoothie in the serving glasses. Top it with very little grated root turmeric.
- Serve immediately.
- It is totally optional to top this smoothie with grated root turmeric. However, it gives a rustic and strong taste. Moreover, its great for presentation.
- Make sure all the fruits used in this smoothie are ripe or else it will taste too tangy.
- If you are using frozen mango then you may feel free to skip ice.