This Tropical Coconut Turmeric Smoothie is made with real ingredients and is ultra – refreshing. It is tangy, sweet, thick and creamy in taste. This smoothie is a spring favorite nourishing beverage.
As the weather is changing so are the fresh produce in the stores. The spring ingredients are so inviting and refreshing. With the clear and crisp weather outside I decided to celebrate it with this sunshine in a glass.
While I enjoyed this rejuvenating smoothie under the bright sun, I remembered every moment of my little baby who is growing up too fast.
It is true that I am still struggling to get back into my pre-pregnancy weight. I am normal and not a super human. I might be taking longer than others to get back in shape. However, I am definitely back into healthy and low calorie eating.
I do have old school thoughts of nursing my baby until she is one year old. It might sound crazy in this era but I did it for my first born too.
So, if I am taking longer to lose weight it is very natural.
Therefore, calling out all the nursing moms that it takes an effort and sacrifice to nurture infants. It is ok if you still look pregnant. In the long term your babies will gain and so will you 😊
However, I plan to eat healthy, nutritious and low-calorie food. This way I not only provide energy to myself, my baby also gets the required balanced nutrition. In the end it’s a win-win situation.
Ingredients of Tropical Coconut Turmeric Smoothie
Unsweetened coconut milk
Benefits of Tropical Coconut Turmeric Smoothie
Helps facilitate good digestion
Substitutes well for lunch
Has immense antibiotics for healing
Contains good cholesterol and good fats
Its hydrating and loaded with vitamin C
It is a good source of potassium
All in all, this smoothie is easy to blend and budget friendly too. In my current haphazard schedule this smoothie revitalizes me. It rejuvenates me when I feel low and boosts me with energy.
It’s a versatile beverage. This smoothie contents me for my mid-morning snack. Sometimes, it also fills me for my lunch. Overall, it’s my most-liked go to snack/lunch as this smoothie brings me joy and pleasure at all times.
Tropical Coconut Turmeric Smoothie
- 1 large ripe banana (peeled)
- 1 whole mandarin/naval orange (peeled)
- 1 cup mango chunks (fresh/frozen)
- 1/4 inch root turmeric
- 1/4 inch root ginger
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cups coconut milk (tetra pack)
- 1/4 cup crushed ice (optional)
- In a blender combine all the ingredients and blend it smooth.
- Take some coconut flakes in a bowl/plate and keep it aside. Now, rub the glass rim with orange/lemon wedge. Dip the glass rim in the coconut flakes. (This step is totally optional, it is for presentation purpose).
- Pour the smoothie in the serving glasses. Top it with very little grated root turmeric.
- Serve immediately.
- It is totally optional to top this smoothie with grated root turmeric. However, it gives a rustic and strong taste. Moreover, its great for presentation.
- Make sure all the fruits used in this smoothie are ripe or else it will taste too tangy.
- If you are using frozen mango then you may feel free to skip ice.