Caramelized Strawberry Sauce Pancakes are made with a combination of fresh fruits and healthy whole grains. Its a family favorite and perfect for all year round.
Soon the summer will be here in full swing with all its fun and excitement.
Tempting colorful strawberries are already flooding the prominent stalls in the grocery store welcoming the arrival of this beautiful season.
In the coming few months we will be heading for strawberry festivals so why not get ready and decide the menu to use strawberries now.
I am already excited for summers and strawberries are one of the most versatile and beautiful summer fruit.
Ingredients for Caramelized Strawberry Sauce Pancakes
Strawberries are full of antioxidant, great anti-inflammatory and very healthy for eyes. 🙂 . After making a savory recipe with strawberries last month I decided to go with something sweet, healthy and vegan. I know it’s tempting to eat dessert for breakfast and these pancakes with caramelized strawberry sauce are out of this world.
Whole grain spelt flour
Dairy free milk
I was making vegan pancakes for the first time and so I decided to include strawberries in the recipe so that these pancakes are sure shot delicious. 🙂
How to make Caramelized Strawberry Sauce Pancakes
- For this, firstly, I cooked chopped strawberries in maple syrup and added vanilla extract for flavoring and blended it smooth.
- Secondly, To make these pancakes vegan I soaked golden flaxseed meal in water for 10 minutes. (Eggs can also be used if desired).
- I love using whole grain spelt flour because it brings out the perfect texture of these pancakes and mixed some baking powder and salt.
- Then poured the strawberry sauce and some dairy free milk into the dry ingredients and mixed them properly and cooked pancakes out of them.
Don’t they look gorgeous and appetizing? I love the light pink color of these Caramelized Strawberry Sauce Pancakes.
Trust me these pancakes tastes as delicious as they look. Just top it with some fresh fruit strawberries and your favorite sweetener. (I always prefer 100% pure maple syrup with pancakes). 🙂
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram .
Caramelized Strawberry Sauce Pancakes
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp whole ground flax meal (soaked in 3/4 cup water)
- 2 cups whole grain spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened dairy free milk
for the toppings
- Maple syrup
- Chopped strawberries
- In a hot nonstick pan combine strawberries, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Cook for 2 minutes until strawberries are soft.
- Once the strawberries are cooled grind them smooth for a minute in a food processor.
- In a mixing bowl combine spelt flour, baking powder and salt and mix with a spoon.
- Now add all the ingredients into the flour bowl (ground strawberries, soaked flaxseed meal and milk) and mix well with a spoon. After mixing the batter will turn light pink in color.
- On a greased warm nonstick pan/griddle pour ¼ cup of the batter and spread it into a round shape. Cook for 2 minutes or until brown and flip to the other side to cook until brown.
- Repeat the process for the rest of the batter.
- Serve hot with your choice of sweetener and some more fresh strawberries or any fruit of your choice on the side.
- I used golden flaxseed meal to substitute eggs. If you have flaxseeds then you can grind it and soak in water.
- Ground Chia seeds can also be used in place of flaxseed meal but the color of the pancake may change a little.
- If using eggs then use 4 eggs. For healthier version you may use 1 whole egg and 3 egg whites.
- Whole wheat flour may also be used in place of spelt flour. In that case the pancake might come out a little extra soft.
- Any milk of your choice can be used (dairy or non-dairy).
- When caramelizing strawberries you may use white/brown sugar but avoid honey as it may make the pancakes taste slightly bitter.
- This recipe makes 10 pancakes.