These easy and delicious Chocolate Hummus Waffles are healthy and unique. Its vegan, gluten free and is made with the combination of chickpeas, tahini, cocoa powder and has no added sugar.
Waffles are the easiest and tastiest weekend brunch and I am amazed at its versatility. They can be made savory or sweet or in a sandwich form.
However, for me, waffles always tastes amazing and I am almost always drooling for them especially when it’s sweet with nice combinations.
I have a tendency to keep my healthy diet in mind and track my family’s health all the time. I’m not obsessed but nothing is more important than good health! Therefore, I came up with these chocolate waffles.
These are high in protein and are made of all the good ingredients that would fit into most of the diet types. These are flourless, protein rich and chocolatey.
Ingredients that you will need
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chocolate chips
- Almond milk
How to make Chocolate Hummus Waffles
Firstly, I combined all the ingredients in a food processor and I processed it until this batter was thick and creamy.
Secobdly, I warmed up and greased my waffle maker and spooned out the batter on it. I let it cook as per the manufacturer instructions.
Lastly, I took it cout witht a spatula. I repeated the same steps for the rest of the batter.
Later, I served them with fruits and some maple syrup.
- It is important to make sure that the batter is thick and not runny. So, I would highly recommend you to stay within the measurements mentioned in this recipe.
- These waffles need a bit of care. It might take you couple of waffles to get the hang of the right temperature for it to cook through and through depending on your waffle maker.
- However, this batter tastes delicious and we often enjoy it as a dessert dip.
I used boiled chickpeas/garbanzo beans, I used tahini (store bought), and lots of chocolate chips to make it soooooo chocolateyyyyy….. I totally love chocolate and its dishes.
Well I am specifically fond of dark chocolate and that’s what I always use in my recipes.
Within 20 minutes I whipped up these waffles batter. Then, I served this delicious brunch on the breakfast table in front my family and to my surprise within minutes Chocolate Hummus Waffles were all gone.
Whhhhhaaaatttt????? I didn’t even get a chance to taste. 🙂
I whipped another batch of these waffles which was almost vanishing immediately. Yet I managed to save one for myself which I devoured it endlessly with relish.
My family loves the fact that I always make Sunday brunch special and different. However, it becomes even more fun when your kids get involved in the kitchen with you. So, therefore, my Sunday morning was absolutely memorable.
Now, I am looking forward to another Sunday with my family creating more recipes which I am always excited to share with you all.
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings.
Chocolate Hummus Waffles
- Combine all the ingredients in blender/food processor and blend smooth until thick and creamy.
- Warm the non stick waffle iron and spoon the batter on it as per the manufacturer instructions. Feel free to adjust the temperature as per the instructions of your waffle griddle. (Make sure to let the waffles cook through and through at a medium – lower heat for a crispier version). If you think your waffles haven't cooked from inside by putting a tester in then let it cook at the same temperature for couple of extra minutes without disturbing them). Start cooking these waffles at a lower temperature for a little longer time for a firm consistency.
- Enjoy with fresh fruits and some maple syrup.
- This recipe yields 5 6 “waffles and the serving is half waffle per person.
- Measure the chocolate chips before melting.
- For quick meting of chocolate chips – add the chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl and heat on high for 30 seconds. Take the bowl out and stir with a spoon. Again place the bowl for another 30 seconds. Stir again. If fully not melted place the bowl again for 20 seconds. Take out the bowl and stir vigorously to endure that the chocolate chips have melted nicely.
- Make sure that the batter is thick and not runny. Do not add any extra liquid to blend so its best to use the food processor.
- While baking these waffles a little baby sitting is required to get the hang of the right temperature to bake in the waffle iron depending on your brand.