This protein rich Chickpea Cookie Dough is a healthy dessert dip which is high in fiber and is vegan along with being gluten free. Its ready within minutes and enjoy it as is or bake them into delicious treat for snacking.
Can you imagine getting all your nutrition from a dessert? I know, it is hard to believe but trust me this cookie dough is the most nutritious and delicious. Every time I make it my family licks every bit of it and it’s gone with the blink of an eye.
Therefore, this healthy chickpea cookie dough is the desirable summer treat and is an answer to all the cravings.
Its sugar free and oil free made with whole foods and natural ingredients.
I was totally surprised that we could not taste the beans at all. It was amazing to realize that chickpeas could taste so much like cookie dough.
Infact, I asked my 3rd grader to taste it before finalizing and she quickly said…. “mom did you just make cookie dough?”
Whoa…she was excited with it and did not even figure out that I sneaked in legumes in it. I was excited too because I did not tell her what I made. It was a win-win for both of us.
Totally a delectable treat that involves no cooking at all and no pre-planning also.
At the same time, it a great Mother’s Day recipe too for simply enjoy with fruits.
However, today I am sharing this chickpea cookie dough recipe.
Ingredients you will need:
I have used these easily available ingredients which you may buy from any local grocery store. However, I have provided links to few of them here for your convenience.
If you plan to buy form these affiliate links then I get a small commission which in turn encourages me to bring in more delicious recipe for you all.
- Chickpeas – it’s a protein rich legume and is super versatile. It is rich in fiber too. This forms a base here in this recipe and brings out a beautiful texture along with the wonderful flavor. I used canned chickpeas here but you use home cooked chickpeas as well.
- Dates – it’s a natural sweetener with being high in fiber and antioxidants. It adds perfect sweetness to this recipe and helps in making the dough stick to each other as well.
- Almond butter – it a great substitute to any oil and butter. Adds healthy fats along with protein to this recipe and makes it creamy as well. You may use any nut butter in this recipe though.
- Almond flour – I used it to bind and compliment almond butter. At the same time, it helped me to make this chickpea cookie dough dip flourless and healthier.
- Maple syrup – this I used to smoothen out the taste and add a bit of caramelized flavor to it. Maple syrup also facilities better blending of this recipe.
- Chocolate chips – I use it to make it family friendly and add extra punch to this recipe.
After reading the ingredients in detail now all you have to is to go through that 1 important step and enjoy it immediately.
I am sure you must already be having all these ingredients so wait not more and get started with it.
How to make chickpea cookie dough
Firstly, I combined all the ingredients (except chocolate chips) in the food processor and blended it well until smooth and creamy.
Secondly, I spooned it out in a bowl and folded in chocolate chips to it.
Lastly, I served it immediately with lots of juicy fruits like apples, pears and oranges.
We totally had a fun time with this dessert dip.
Its on rotation for us now especially on Mother’s Day as we are chilling with this satisfying vegan cookie dough. Moreover, its guilt free and healthier so all the moms out here can simply enjoy without worrying about burning calories the next day.
- Make sure to soak the dates in warm water as long as they soften. This helps in easy blending.
- It is important to rinse canned chickpeas to avoid any extra taste or flavor. You may preserve aquafaba for some other use.
It tastes amazing when served immediately. However, wrap it with a cling wrapper and refrigerate for about 4-5 days.
Yes, and here is how. Simply fold in 1 tsp baking powder to it and scoop it out with the help of cookie scoop on the prepared cookie sheet and bake them in the middle rack of the oven at 350 degree for 20 minutes. Turn it off and let it stand for 10 minutes in the warm oven and then take it and cool down. Enjoy.
Yes, it is healthy because its fiber rich and high in protein. Its base is made with chickpeas and sweetened with dates mainly. I made it oil free and sugar free mostly with whole foods. Therefore, this can be enjoyed frequently.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram with your recipe remake images because we love to see what you cooked.
You may also check out my one pot vegan cookbook for every day comforting recipes.
Chickpea Cookie Dough
- In a food processor/grinder combine chickpeas, dates, almond butter, almond flour, vanilla extract, salt and maple syrup. Grind it until smooth and well blended.
- Spoon it out in a mixing bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Enjoy immediately as a dip or wrap it with a cling wrap and refrigerate for about 5 days. Pairs well fruits
- To bake into cookies: Preheat oven at 350-degree Fahrenheit and prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper. In step 1 of the instruction combine 1 tsp baking powder and blend it. Spoon it out and fold in chocolate chips. With the help of a cookie scoop place the dough on the prepared cookie sheet. Then, grease your palm with oil and take each potion and form into round smooth ball. Then press gently at the center to flatten a bit and place them on the cookie sheet. (do not over press to flatten too much, only gentle shaping in needed). Repeat the shaping process for the rest of the dough and bake them in the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes. Turn it off and let the cookies sit for another 10 minutes in the warm oven. Take it out and enjoy immediately or let it cool completely. Store the leftovers cookies at room temperature for about 3-4 days in an air tight container.
- This recipe makes about 10 cookies when baked or serves 12 if used a dip.
- You can use home cooked chickpeas as well. In that case measure it to about 1 ½ cups after boiling and draining.