These Butterscotch Carrot Millet Waffles are delicious dessert for breakfast! They have a cake like texture with a devourable flavor. Its made with fresh ingredients and whole grains.
Imagine if you could devour a cake for breakfast every day. The yummy soft delicious creamy spongy cake just about to go and melt in your mouth and the alarm riiiinnnnngsssss!!! Ttttrrriiinnnnnn!!!!!
Really!!! HMMMm! It happens and not just once but every time I dream of eating a cake for my breakfast.
With this dream I have been wondering of creating a breakfast which requires minimum time and I do not have to wait for the weekend and yet my dream is fulfilled 🙂
I finally discovered this delicious and heavenly Butterscotch Carrot Millet Waffles. I know it sounds too healthy but trust me on this you won’t miss cakes after eating this and neither will you be breakfast deprived. 🙂
The butterscotch chips that we usually get in the store are totally ok for this recipe but if you are vegan you can find the link below or here for vegan butterscotch chips.
These waffles hardly take a few minutes to make and the best part is that there is no added sugar in this recipe. Isn’t that amazing?
Just heat up your waffle maker and mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. As soon as your waffle maker is ready grease it and pour the batter. Within a few minutes super yummy breakfast is served on the table 🙂 .
Ok I want to confess — I took some extra minutes to serve these Butterscotch Carrot Millet Waffles because I licked up more than half of the batter even before baking 🙂 .
But it’s not my fault, the batter was so delicious that I just could not stop myself from licking and my little 3 year old like a copycat licked the rest. 🙂
We both were super happy after that. 🙂
I made another batch of the batter and baked the waffles. Just as it took few minutes to bake the waffles it took even less time for all of us to finish them. I guess this is called Waffle Love 🙂
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with your ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
Butterscotch Carrot Millet Waffles
- Mix all the ingredients properly in a mixing bowl.
- Heat the waffle iron or nonstick waffle maker to medium setting or as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Grease the waffle maker with cooking spray and pour ½ cup of the waffle batter in the middle of the waffle maker and spread it evenly with a flat heat resistant spoon/spatula.
- Cover the flap and let it cook until ready to be out.
- Garnish with more chopped walnuts and serve warm.
- For sweeter waffles are desired pour some maple syrup on hot waffles.
- Can be refrigerated in an air tight container for 4-5 days. Toast the waffles in an oven toaster until warm.
- Any milk of your choice can be used.
- This recipe yields 8 6" waffles and serving size is 1 waffle per person.