Vegan Chocolate Mocha Protein Smoothie (NO Protein Powder) is a creamy, thick and satisfying post workout beverage. I love desserts for my after workout recovery drink. I finally discovered it. So, it’s true we can devour dessert in a protein form while we workout.
I am trying to get back into normal routine with an over active infant. My baby does not believe in sleeping so most of the time I am jetlagged. That said… I am totally sleep deprived. My workouts are absolutely irregular and I am struggling quite a bit to get back into my pre – pregnancy weight. However, I am still trying to keep my diet on track. At the same time after every feeds I crave for something sweet.
Hence, Vegan Chocolate Mocha Protein Smoothie!
Recently, I have developed a craving for dark chocolate and coffee. Rather I would say that I keep myself perked up with chocolates and coffee. So, I simply decided to blend the two together into a smoothie and make it protein rich to make it healthier.
Ingredients for Vegan Chocolate Mocha Protein Smoothie
Unsweetened Almond Milk
Instant Coffee powder
Unsweetened Cocoa powder
Crushed ice/ice water
Chocolate chips (optional)
All these ingredients are usually easily found in every household. I am always stocked with cocoa powder and instant coffee. Now, to make it appealing I simply drizzled some melted dark chocolate chips over the smoothie glass. Voila! It was totally impossible to stop myself with all the flavors blended extremely well.
Vegan Chocolate Mocha Protein Smoothie is great way to satisfy your sweet tooth and yet include superfoods protein into your diet. It has become regular for me and sometimes my husband also enjoys it after a crushing workout.
I am sure you will enjoy this smoothie as much as I did. If you get a chance to blend this smoothie I would love a feedback from you in the comments below.
Vegan Chocolate Mocha protein Smoothie
- 1 tbsp slivered almond
- 1 tbsp vegan chocolate chips (melted)
- 1. In a blender combine all the ingredients (except garnishing ingredients) ad blend it smooth until smooth and creamy.
- 2. Pour the smoothie in the serving glasses.
- 3. Top them with slivered almonds and roughly drizzle the melted chocolate with a spoon.
- To melt the chocolate chips – In a microwaveable bowl combine vegan chocolate chips and 2 tbsp. almond milk. Microwave it for 1 minute. Take the bowl out and whip the chocolate chips with a spoon until its smooth. Now garnish the glass by drizzling it with a spoon roughly.
- It tastes best when consumed immediately. However it stays good for few hours in the refrigerator.