These soft and fluffy Orange Oatmeal Pancakes are flavored with fresh oranges and are delish! Its vegan and healthy too since its mildly sweetened plus oil free.
It was a lovely weekend with a beautiful and relaxed morning. While having my morning tea and staring out of my window I saw the flowers were still colorful.
The sun was bright and there was no sign of winters at all. Wondering what happened to Seattle weather this year!
Though I am very fond of winters and always excited to welcome the cold weather but for some reason I was very happy to see the bright sun. I suddenly wanted to eat oranges or just drink some orange juice for my breakfast.
I couldn’t stop laughing because as soon as my daughter woke up she excitedly asked for oranges. What telepathy!
Ingredients for Orange Oatmeal Pancakes
Dairy free milk
whole wheat flour
In a span of few minutes I knew what I wanted to cook and what exactly I was craving for.
In 20 minutes the breakfast was ready and my whole family heartily enjoyed the Orange Oatmeal Pancakes. Another successful creation. Wow!
We love these easy pancakes and are big fan of this breakfast.
My other popular pancake recipes are:
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In, addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram.
Orange Oatmeal Pancakes
- 1 whole small orange ( peeled)
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal ( soaked in 6 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp orange extract
- 2 tbsp dairy free milk
- 1/2 cup dry rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Grind the orange in a food processor/grinder. Strain the juice with the help of a fine strainer in a mixing container. (Pulp not required in this recipe). If you have a juicer then you can juice the orange as well.
- In the freshly squeezed orange juice add soaked flaxmeal, vanilla extract, orange extract and dairy free milk. Mix it well with a spoon.
- In another bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well until well coated.
- Heat the nonstick pan on a medium flame and grease it with cooking spray/oil. Pour 2 spoonful of the batter into the pan.
- Cook until lightly brown and starts to rise a little. Flip the pancake to the other side and cook for few minutes or until done. (Make sure the pancakes are light brown and not over cooked or else it will have a burnt taste).
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the batter.
- Serve hot with drizzled maple syrup and fruits.
- This recipe yields 5 pancakes and the serving size is 1 pancake per person.
- For non - vegan version you may use 2 large eggs instead of flaxmeal and any regular milk of your choice.