Mango Coconut Chia Energy Drink is loaded with antioxidant and Vitamin C. Its a replenishing energy drink that serves perfectly as a post workout drink. This is kid friendly too and is hydrating after school snack.
Energy drink is what I always need after a great workout to rejuvenate.
Usually I blend smoothie with fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds but this time I wanted to try something different. Also, for the past few days my mornings have been super hectic that even blending a smoothie was sometimes out of question.
This time I fixed something overnight so that I could just open my refrigerator in the morning and grab my drink and move on. 🙂
Mangoes are gradually flooding the market and I was tempted to get some for myself. I love them……. Can’t resist mangoes….. I like to hydrate myself with pure coconut water because it’s delicious and high in potassium and electrolyte as well.
Now, comes the super food chia seeds about which most of us know. These are high in fiber, protein, has good fats and a great source of antioxidants.
How to make Mango Coconut Chia Energy Drink
I simply blended mangoes and coconut water in a blender and mixed in chia seeds, covered my shaker bottle with a lid and left it in the refrigerator overnight.
Next morning just grabbed it from the refrigerator and shaked it. Then, I turned on my car and happily drove off to my work while drinking this hydrating delicious energy drink. 🙂
I have never felt so energetic earlier. Loved it….
Try it now and you will love to drink this three ingredients energy drink after every workout!!!!!!
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram.
Mango Coconut Chia Energy Drink
- 2 1/2 cups coconut water
- 2 cups mango chunks
- 2 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- In a blender combine coconut water and mango chunks and blend it smooth.
- Pour it into a glass jar and add chia seeds.
- Stir very well and cover the glass jar with a lid.
- Let it stand in the refrigerator for 1 hour preferably overnight. Take it out, shake it and enjoy.
- If your mangoes are not sufficiently sweet add sweetener according to your taste. For me the sweetness was perfect.
- If refrigerating overnight then you may want to take it out of the refrigerator for some time to bring to closer to room temperature which I do for myself.
- Chia seeds may sit at the bottom of the drink so make sure to shake it well before drinking it.
- If the color of your drink isn’t super yellow then don’t worry about it. The color might vary depending on the type of coconut water you use and how long you keep the drink. Especially if you use harmless pure coconut water which is pink in color your drink will be darker and less yellow in color.