This satisfying Tropical Yogurt Vegan Parfait is easy to fix along with being a nutritious morning meal. Its creamy, nutty and loaded with super foods making it a desirable dessert for breakfast.
Parfaits are my favorite go to morning meals. Now, that the weather is about to change and the sun would spread some warmth in the next few days, I decided on a parfait recipe.
Mangoes are just occupying the fruit section in the stores. Pineapples are popping out from the center of the fruit shelves. Oranges are almost everywhere.
Hence, Tropical Yogurt Vegan Parfait was created. I am extremely sensitive to dairy. However, I love yogurt so for me to find dairy free yogurt with good taste tends to be complicated.
I keep comparing the taste of vegan yogurts with the regular yogurts. I am not very fond of coconut yogurts and all almond yogurts are flavored and sugar loaded.
However, I continued my search for a perfect yogurt that would suit my taste buds. Finally, I found almond based vegan plain yogurt from Kite Hill. Now, I am a happy yogurt eater 🙂 .
So, I decided to create a parfait with yogurt base and bring out tropical favors to welcome spring.
It’s a simple but beautiful breakfast. Easy to assemble and can be made a night before. Just grab it from the refrigerator and enjoy while on your way to work.
The flavors are so refreshing that it will help you fight with morning blues or anxieties.
Ingredients for Tropical Yogurt Vegan Parfait
Tropical Yogurt Vegan Parfait has become my comfort food. You can be as creative as you want with this recipe. If you use coconut yogurt, you may garnish it with coconut flakes. Feel free to adjust the sugar measurements as per your palate.
Since, I am on low sugar diet, for me the mentioned measurement was perfect. However, sugar quantity will also depend on the sweetness of your fruits. You may add more sugar if desired or simply avoid sugar altogether if you are on a low/no sugar diet mission. If you think your yogurt is too plain fell free to whip some sugar in your yogurt to balance the taste.
The most addicting part of this parfait is the blended mango and pineapple compote.
Well, it’s not the real compote but its texture is definitely like one. The thick blended puree of mango and pineapple sweetened with brown sugar is lip-smacking. I am a total fan of this parfait. What about you?
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
Tropical Yogurt Vegan Parfait
- In a blender combine mango, pineapple and sugar. Blend smooth until creamy.
- In a serving glass pour mango pineapple puree as the first layer. Add another layer of whipped yogurt. Spread chopped oranges as the third layer. Repeat the same sequence of the three layers. Top it with flax seeds and slivered almonds. Garnish with some more chopped oranges.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the glasses and serve chilled.
- I used almond milk vegan plain yogurt from Kite Hill. Any vegan plain yogurt can be used.
- If desired regular yogurt can also be used but add little sugar when whipping according to your taste.
- Feel free to adjust sweetness as per your taste. Also the sugar quantity will depend on the sweetness of the fruits. The yogurt that I used had a mild sweet base and for me this was perfect. If your yogurt is sour feel free to add sugar and whip it as per your taste.
- This recipe tastes best when served immediately.