This satisfying Tropical Yogurt Vegan Parfait is easy to fix along with being a nutritious morning meal. Its creamy, nutty and loaded with super foods making it a desirable dessert for breakfast.
Parfaits are my favorite go to morning meals. Now, that the weather is about to change and the sun would spread some warmth in the next few days, I decided on a parfait recipe.
Mangoes are just occupying the fruit section in the stores. Pineapples are popping out from the center of the fruit shelves. Oranges are almost everywhere.
Hence, I came up with this vegan parfait idea with tropical flavors. Parfaits are easy to create and requires layering of your favorite ingredients like fruits, yogurt and crunchy granola along with some nuts.
Therefore, this easy vegan parfait is my favorite breakfast and my kids love it too.
It’s a simple but beautiful breakfast. Easy to assemble and can be made a night before. Just grab it from the refrigerator and enjoy while on your way to work.
The flavors are so refreshing that it will help you fight with morning blues or anxieties.
What is a parfait?
Parfait originated in France and traditionally its a dessert that is created with a combination of sweet custard, eggs, sugar. It is served in tall glasses with layers of fruits, granola and nuts.
However, here, I have come up with a healthy parfait recipe.
Ingredients for Vegan Parfait
I have used these easy and simple ingredients to assemble the best tropical parfait parfait.
mangoes – fresh mangoes have nice distinct flavor and works as miracle in flavoring this parfait recipe.
pineapple – I like to use fresh pineapple chunks for here to make it refreshing.
oranges – this fruit compliments the tropical flavors here perfectly.
vegan yogurt – any vegan yogurt works here but for me almond milk based yogurt tasted the best.
flax seeds – this added health and nutrition to this recipe.
For detailed measurement of ingredients, please scroll down tot he printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to make Tropical Yogurt Vegan Parfait
Firstly, in a blender I combined, mangoes, pineapple and brown sugar and blended it smooth.
Secondly, in a serving glass, i started layering by starting with the base of the fruit puree. Then, followed by whipped yogurt and chopped oranges. I added more layers in the same sequence in the same glass and lastly topped with it flax seeds and nuts.
I repeated the same step for the rest of the servings and serve cold.
It was an instant hit. In fact I served this easy vegan dessert to my friends and they simply loved this idea of tropical parfait.
- It is important to blend the fruit really smooth and creamy for the nice texture.
- Most importantly use a whisk to whip the yogurt before layering for a creamier parfait.
This tastes best when served immediately.
If you plan to use frozen fruit then make sure defrost them and dap with kitchen towel before blending.
I enjoy this for my breakfast because it is very healthy. It has a great combination of Vitamin C, antioxidants, protein, and calcium.
More Parfait recipes that you may like:
This post may contain affiliate links which means that if you click on them and also make a purchase, I will get a small commission. Moreover, I share only those products which I use personally and love.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. I am very excited to hear back from you.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with a 5-star rating.
In addition, you may checkout my cookbook for everyday comfort vegan recipes.
Tropical Yogurt Vegan Parfait
- In a blender combine mango, pineapple and sugar. Blend smooth until creamy.
- In a serving glass pour mango pineapple puree as the first layer. Add another layer of whipped yogurt. Spread chopped oranges as the third layer. Repeat the same sequence of the three layers. Top it with flax seeds and slivered almonds. Garnish with some more chopped oranges.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the glasses and serve chilled.
- I used almond milk vegan plain yogurt from Kite Hill. Any vegan plain yogurt can be used.
- If desired regular yogurt can also be used but add little sugar when whipping according to your taste.
- Feel free to adjust sweetness as per your taste. Also the sugar quantity will depend on the sweetness of the fruits. The yogurt that I used had a mild sweet base and for me this was perfect. If your yogurt is sour feel free to add sugar and whip it as per your taste.
- This recipe tastes best when served immediately.