This Orange Macaroon Vegan Chia Seed Pudding is creamy, thick and protein rich breakfast. The detoxifying chia seeds blended with delicious flavors is so apt for the weather. It’s a dessert for breakfast.
I am very fond of chia seed pudding and its quite regular in my diet. I am posting a chia seed pudding for the first time. However, I enjoy this recipe often for my snacks and sometimes breakfast too.
The fresh orange flavor in this recipe is absolutely intoxicating. This refreshing fruit is overflowing in abundance in my house right now. We are loaded with vitamin C as of now.
This so good and flavorful that it is very regular in my home especially during summer.
My other breakfast recipe that you may like:
However, today I am here to share this quick and easy orange macaroon vegan chia seed pudding recipe.
Ingredients you will need for vegan chia seed pudding:
I have used these easily available ingredients which you may buy from any local grocery store. However, I have provided links to few of them here for you convenience.
If you plan to buy from these affiliate links then I get a small commission which in turn encourages me to bring in more delicious recipes for you all.
- oranges – its the ultimate source of vitamin c and is loaded with antioxidants. It high in fiber and bring out a nice flavor in this recipe.
- coconut flakes – I used the unsweetened version of it to bring out the macaroon taste in here.
- maple syrup – its a a healthier sweetener and is sugar free. however, you may substitute it with granulated sugar though.
- coconut milk – I used tetra pack coconut milk here to lighten it up. You may use canned coconut milk but lightened and unsweetened one.
- orange extract – this helps in flavoring this vegan chia seed pudding a little strongly and enhances its aroma as well.
- chia seed – its a vegan superfood that is high in protein and fiber. it helps in forming a jelly like pudding texture and is very versatile.
This pudding is the easiest to make. Plus, it’s an overnight breakfast. Meaning whip up all the ingredients and put it in the refrigerator. Then wake up with a ready breakfast.
Doesn’t that sound like fun mornings….
How to make Orange Macaroon Vegan Chia Seed Pudding
First and the foremost I love to squeeze out fresh orange juices. I don’t like the sour/pungent taste of store-bought orange juice. Therefore, I squeezed out fresh orange juice and strained it with the help of a strainer
Afterwards, I blended all the ingredients in the blender except chia seeds.
Lastly, I vigorously whipped up chia seeds in the blended liquid and let it rest in the refrigerator.
Thereafter, just before getting into the bed I whipped the pudding once so the chia seeds spreads nicely.
Again, I let it rest in the refrigerator for the rest of the night.
In the morning just before serving I vigorously whipped the pudding again and spooned it in the serving jars/bowls.
Then topped it with some fresh oranges and fresh coconuts.
Voila!!!!! My mornings have never been so delicious till now.
Therefore, I encourage you all to make this recipe and enjoy it. I am sure you will devour every bite of this lip-smacking vegan chia seed pudding.
This pudding is a good source of vitamin C plus protein. It provides sufficient calcium and vitamin D. it also helps to facilitate metabolism which is very important in a weight loss journey.
This pudding is like dessert for breakfast. The best part is that its guilt free and yet delightful to the taste buds. It is a perfect go to breakfast for busy mornings as well.
I usually let it refrigerate overnight and it tastes best the next day. However, this can be eaten for another 3 days if kept in a glass container in the refrigerator.
It has a crunch of chia seeds and a strong flavor of orange and random bites of coconut flakes.
yes, its high in protein and fiber plus has enough vitamin C. Therefore this can be enjoyed frequently in a given proportion.
So, if you have oranges in your fridge/kitchen counter go ahead and whip up this recipe right now.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments along with a 5-star ratings. In addition you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram with your recipe remake images because we love to see what you cooked.
Orange Macaroon Vegan Chia Seed Pudding
- In a blender put orange pieces and blend it smooth. Strain the orange juice in a strainer and collect the orange juice in a mixing bowl. (Pulp not needed for this recipe).
- Now, in the blender again combine all the ingredients including orange juice (except chia seeds). Blend it extremely smooth.
- Pour the liquid in a mixing bowl.
- Now, stir in chia seeds and mix very well.
- Put the bowl in the refrigerator overnight. However, just before sleeping stir it vigorously once to spread the chia seeds nicely.
- Just before consuming stir this pudding again vigorously.
- Now,spoon the pudding in the serving jars/bowl/glasses and garnish with fresh oranges and fresh/dried coconut and enjoy.