Sriracha Lentil Cheese Sandwich is all that you can imagine about. It’s vegan sandwich perfection. Its stuffing is loaded with immense nutrition. The most important of all – it is extremely high in protein content. This sandwich is a healthful lunch and occasional dinner as well. The stuffing is a make – ahead recipe.
I cannot express myself enough about its deliciousness. However, I can confidently say that it is my husband’s favorite.
I must say, that’s like a five star award for my recipe. He is mostly critical of all my recipes. However, he was speechless with its absolutely tasty flavors.
The perfect blend of ingredients is piled on sandwich bread slices which ultimately are crisped into thick tempting sandwiches.
This stuffing can be refrigerated for a week. Now, that’s what I call a perfect menu planning. Isn’t it?
Food prepping is my favorite thing. I love it when I can freeze or refrigerate cooked food for days and devour them as and when I want to.
I can save my energy from racking my brains everyday about the menu plan.
This sandwich is absolutely blissful and divine not only to taste buds but also to our hungry tummies.
It’s amazingly filling and satisfying as well as this sandwich is super easy to make. The good part of this sandwich is that its oil free. Also if you are trying to cut down on carbs then just enjoy the stuffing as lettuce wrap.
How to make Sriracha Lentil Cheese Sandwich
- The trick to make this stuffing healthier and oil free is to use saute garlic and onion in the leftover lentil water.
- Therefore, when you boil lentils do not throw away the water. Instead save it in a container and use it in many other recipes too. Lentil water is enriched with protein and nutrition which enhances the nutritional value of any dish.
- Thereafter, I added sriracha powder to spice up this sandwich stuffing. To add to the creamy and cheesy flavor, I crumbled some soft cheese (almond base) into the stuffing. Voila!
We enjoyed this sandwich to our hearts content. Also I am very serious in saying it – that we ate this sandwich every day for the entire week.
We totally went crazy for this Sriracha Lentil Cheese Sandwich. Finally, I found a wonderful and tasteful way to include more protein to our diet.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because would love to see what you cooked.
Sriracha Lentil Cheese Sandwich is all that you can imagine about. It’s vegan sandwich perfection. Its stuffing is loaded with immense nutrition. The most important of all - it is extremely high in protein content. This sandwich is a healthful lunch and occasional dinner as well. The stuffing is a make - ahead recipe.
Heat a sauce pan and add lentil water in it. The, add garlic and onions.
Saute and cook for 1 minute.
Add lentil, sriracha mix powder and mix well.
Let it cook for a couple of minutes and season it with salt.
Turn off the flame and fold in soft cheese.
Mix gently and fill the lentil stuffing on a slice of bread. Cover it with the other slice of the bread.
Repeat the same process for the rest of the bread slices.
Warm a sandwich maker and place the sandwiches as per the manufacturer instructions and let it cook.
If making the sandwich on the frying pan, then grease it first and place the sandwich on the pan. Let it cook until brown on one side. Gently flip over to the other side and let it cook again until brown and crispy. Enjoy immediately.
- For lentil water - While draining lentil do not throw away its water. Save it in some container and use it in this recipe.
- The stuffing can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for a week. Then make sandwiches as and when needed.
- The nutritional details are including the bread that I used for this recipe. It may differ depending on the type of bread you use as per your taste.
- If desired you may use 1 tbsp olive oil instead of lentil water.