Tofu Mushroom Quinoa Scramble is a healthy, protein rich, nutritious vegan lunch option for the days when you don’t want to eat salads.
Lunch menus are usually difficult to decide. Generally, we prefer salads and some light food to continue for the rest of the day energetically.
However, at lunch time I am always on a lookout for a filling freshly cooked meal. With this idea in my mind and hunger in my tummy I came up with Tofu Mushroom Quinoa Scramble.
When I scanned through my refrigerator I found my favorite Portobello mushrooms, some cooked leftover quinoa from previous night and a pack of tofu.
I quickly grabbed these main ingredients and started with the recipe on my mind not knowing the outcome at all. After adding some seasonings I did not have any patience to either click or think about any exotic dishes. I hungrily ate my serving without any distractions.
Later, I realized how delicious it was and it deserved to be posted in this blog.
Since then I have been so eager to share this recipe with you so that you can also enjoy this quick 25 minutes lunch on those odd days when you just want to stay away from salads.
This recipe is simple with easily available ingredients but truly exotic in flavors. I couldn’t believe that with such few spices and seasonings a dish could be so satisfying to the taste buds.
The balance of good carbohydrates, protein, vitamin D and other vitamins and minerals make this dish absolutely worthy of the effort.
Tofu Mushroom Quinoa Scramble is a make ahead dish. Just refrigerate it in an air tight container for 4-5 days.
When you are ready to devour this dish just warm it up and enjoy. Also serves very well for lunch box menu.
How to make Tofu Mushroom Quinoa Scramble
- Firstly, I heated oil in a nonstick pan. Then, I added onion in it and sauteed.
- Secondly, I added mushrooms and cooked until it released its juice.
- Next, I Added crumbled tofu, carrots and seasoned it with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Thereafter, I tossed in quinoa and cooked again.
- Lastly, I garnished it with cilantro and served it hot.
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
Tofu Mushroom Quinoa Scramble
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 cups finely chopped Portobello mushroom
- 1 14 oz pack of extra firm tofu (drained and crumbled)
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 2 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp salt or as per taste
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions and saute for a minute on a medium flame.
- Toss in mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are brown and well done.
- Add crumbled tofu and cook well until dry and golden in color sauteing at intervals to avoid sticking.
- Add grated carrots and mix.
- Fold in quinoa, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Cook for 1 minute and serve warm.