This warm and hearty bowl Of Spiced Apple Carrot Soup is calling out soup lovers! Its easy, gets ready in less than 30 minutes and satisfying. Being vegan and gluten free this soup fits into almost all diets.
It’s getting cooler here in Seattle and the sky is mostly grey and once in a while the sun peeks out from the clouds for a short time. With the days shorter and nights cooler I can only think of a bowl of warm soup. Since its October and fall is at its peak the first ingredient that came to my mind was apples.
I love those red juicy apples in this season because they are the best right now and when I blended the apples in a spiced carrot soup it was mind blowing.
If you remember my spicy carrot amaranth soup and apple pumpkin soup with caramelized onions, the spice ingredients in them and the aroma of those soups……this Spiced Apple Carrot Soup reminds me of them.
Ingredients for Spiced Apple Carrot Soup
Cayenne pepper powder
Apple (deseeded and chopped)
Unsweetened coconut milk
How to make Spiced Apple Carrot Soup
- In a boiling water I added the spices and cooked it covered for couple of minutes.
- Then, I added apples, carrot and salt.
- I stirred it few times and let it cook until apples were soft.
- Then, I let it cool and blended it in a blender.
- Thereafter, I poured the soup back in the saucepan and warmed it again.
- Lastly, I turned off the flame and stirred in coconut milk.
- Served it immediately with a side of bread roll/bread sticks.
It was comforting to indulge into this soup after a long tiring day, snuggling inside the blanket, house smelling of spiced candles and watching our favorite show, it was a perfect weeknight. A bowl of Spiced Apple Carrot Soup satisfied our tummies and brought so much deliciousness to our home.
It is definitely possible to have fun with food on weeknights too and especially if it’s healthy it’s a bonus and I love the fact that healthy meals can be prepared in less than 30 minutes with minimum stress.
- This soup can be refrigerated for up to 4 days for best results.
- Tastes best when served immediately.
- It pairs well with seeded bread or baguette
- Full fat coconut milk can also be used to have a thickened consistency of the soup.
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comment section below and rate this recipe. You may also tag @kiipfit on Instagram and I will definitely shout it out there.
Spiced Apple Carrot Soup
- 4 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 whole red delicious apple (deseeded and chopped)
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk (tetra pack)
- Boil water in a sauce pan.
- Add garlic, oregano, basil, cayenne powder, cinnamon powder and nutmeg powered. Cook covered for couple of minutes or until you get the aroma of the spices.
- Add apples, carrots and salt.
- Stir and cook for 7-8 minutes or until apples are very soft.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool.
- Blend smooth in a blender and pour the soup again in the same sauce pan.
- Turn on the flame and add coconut milk and stir.
- Cook enough to be warm as per your desired temperature and serve immediately.
- Feel free to drizzle more coconut milk when serving depending on your taste.
- I used tetra pack coconut milk to lighten the consistency of my soup.
- If you aren’t a fan of nutmeg powder you may reduce the measurement to ¼ tsp.
- This soup tastes best when served immediately.
- Full fat coconut milk can also be used in this soup to have a slightly thickened consistency. Nutritional value may change in that case.
- Refrigerate the leftovers in an air tight glass container for up to 4 days.