This Red Bean Hummus Dip is made with a unique combination of roasted eggplant and red kidney beans finished with extra virgin olive oil. It’s a great party appetizer or a healthy make ahead snack.
This is a sponsored post but the opinion and reviews are all mine. I have personally used the product and totally love it.
I have been using this Olitalia European Extra Virgin Olive Oil in my cooking for a while now and it’s the best EVOO I have come across so far.
The texture and the final outcome of a recipe is simply outstanding. I totally love this and cannot wait for them to launch their product soon all over the stores.
Detailed description of these European Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
- The most important information about this EVOO Is that it is made by pressing without heat or chemicals. Therefore, it represents the freshest and purest olive oil.
- It is free from acidity due to no over processing.
- Each oil is judged by expert tasters, who must agree that it meets the high flavor standards of an Extra Virgin rating.
- I love the fact that this European Extra Virgin Olive Oil has a high smoke point. Therefore, it is absolutely safe to use for light sauteing to deep frying to baking.
- Simply store this oil in a cool dark place and enjoy it in your recipes. Its healthy and versatile and super useful. It is best to use within 6 months of opening and 18 months of purchase.
It is true that Europe provides a great array of flavors of olive oil. We all know that olive oil is a fruit-based oil comes from the olive trees.
Olitalia European Extra Virgin Olive Oil is available to purchase at Eataly locations. Look for it at grocery stores in the Northeast next Spring.
What is extra virgin olive oil?
it is made from pure cold pressed olives there is no heat involved in cold press and its best to eat it raw and not uncooked. It goes well in salads and dips.
What is the difference between extra virgin olive oil and olive oil?
Extra virgin olive oil is made form pure, cold pressed olives whereas regular olive oil is a blend of cold-pressed and processed oils.
Recipes in which I used extra virgin olive oil
Health benefits of red beans (kidney beans)
Its an excellent source of plant protein along with being rich in many vitamins and minerals. Its also high in fiber and antioxidants thereby promoting weight loss and managing blood sugar levels.
My other kidney beans recipes are:
Ingredients for red bean hummus recipe:
Red kidney beans
Crushed black pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cilantro (to garnish)
I used very simple ingredients in this kidney bean dip and have been enjoying since then. Its the most easiest and the tastiest hummus dip ever.
eggplant – I used regular eggplant. Chinese long eggplant does not work effectively here.
kidney beans – canned dark red kidney beans works best here. but small or light red kidney beans can also be substituted in this hummus recipe.
spices – simple pantry spices to season this recipe is required.
extra virgin olive oil – any extra virgin olive oil works here. However, do not substitute it with any variety of oil.
For detailed measurement of ingredients, please scroll down to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to make Red Bean Hummus Dip:
Firstly, I roasted the whole eggplant in a pre-heated oven at 400-degree Fahrenheit for 40 minutes or until the skin was ready to be peeled.
Secondly, I peeled of its skin and kept it aside to cool down.
Next, In the food processor I combined all the ingredients (except EVOO and Cilantro). I, gave it a nice crush.
Then, while processing the ingredients in the food processor I poured extra virgin olive oil into it to give it a structure.
Lastly, I spooned it out of the food processor in a deep serving bowl. Subsequently, I garnished it with cilantro and finished it with a little more extra virgin olive oil.
We finished the first batch the same day and so I made another batch to test if I can store for longer.
My family enjoys this nutritious vegan red bean hummus dip and I often make it for my friends as well.
- Make sure to baby sit your eggplant while roasting so it does not blast in the oven.
- Let the eggplant cool and then peel the skin. It easily peels off without too much hassle.
- While combining the ingredients in the food processor, make sure to include all the eggplant’s juice in the food processor to enhance this dip’s flavor.
It tastes best when served at room temperature. However, this dip lasts for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator in an air tight glass container.
It pairs excellently with pita chips, pita breads and a side avocado tomato salad.
Basically, hummus is healthy and has healthy fats. It is low in carbohydrate and high in protein.
My other dip recipes that you might like:
This post may contain affiliate links which means that if you click on them and also make a purchase, I will get a small commission. Moreover, I share only those products which I use personally and love.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. I am very excited to hear back from you.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with a 5-star rating.
In addition, you may checkout my cookbook for everyday comfort vegan recipes.
Red Bean Hummus Dip
roasted eggplant and red kidney beans finished with extra virgin olive oil. It’s
a great party appetizer or a healthy make ahead snack.
- Preheat oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet.
- Place the whole eggplant on the baking sheet and bake/roast it for 40 minutes or until the skin is ready to be peeled. (Keep a watch on this to avoid eggplant blast in the oven).
- Once done, turn off the oven and take it out. Let it cool and peel off the skin.
- Now, in the food processor combine peeled eggplant, kidney beans, garlic, cumin powder, paprika, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Give it a nice crush.
- Then, while processing the dip, pour extra virgin olive oil into the food processor and continue processing until you reach a desired dip consistency.
- Do a taste test at this point. Feel free to adjust the salt and pepper. Give it another pulse.
- Spoon it out in a serving bowl and drizzle some extra virgin olive oil to moisture it and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve it with pita chips, pita bread, veggies, olives or a side salad.
- This dip tastes best at room temperature. However, it can be refrigerated for about 2 weeks in an air tight glass container.
- I have provided a step wise images in the post above.