This smooth chocolaty Vegan Nutella is absolutely a delightful snack dessert. With only 8 ingredients this kid friendly treat is absolutely amazing. Its easy to blend along with being a satisfying indulgent.
My kids are crazy for this and snacks on it almost every evening. I personally like to satisfy my dessert cravings with this vegan Nutella.
I must say that my daughter helped me bring out the real flavor at each step. She kept tasting and suggesting me with its taste. At last, I nailed it and she wanted me to share it here with you all.
Ingredients for Vegan Nutella
Dairy free mini chocolate chips
Unsweetened cocoa powder
Dairy free milk
Palm/Extra virgin olive oil
Hazelnuts – I used the skinned raw hazelnuts that is unroasted and unsalted. It works best for the recipe.
Dairy free milk – I used milk so it is easy to blend in a blender. To lower its calories, I would recommend using plain unsweetened almond milk. However, you may use any dairy free milk of your choice.
Oil – Even though it is optional, it gives a nice texture and smoothness to this Nutella. It also helps to glaze it and enhances its flavor very close to the store-bought ones. We have tried both version with and without oil but we like it with oil.
How to make Vegan Nutella
Firstly, I heated a nonstick pan and dry roasted hazelnuts. Then, I placed them in a kitchen towel and roughly rubbed them to peel the skin as much as possible.
Secondly, I melted the chocolate chips in the microwave. Next, I combined all the ingredients in a blender (except palm oil/Evoo) and blended it smooth.
Later, I spooned it out in a serving bowl and stirred in oil.
We licked the entire bowl within minutes. It was irresistible.
I make this Nutella quite frequently and yet I hardly get a chance to store it for long because we are Nutella crazy family.
- It is important that you use high speed blender for this recipe because hazelnuts are difficult to break and smoothen out.
- While blending start with ½ cup milk. If you feel its dry and your blender needs more liquid to work then add 2 tbsp of more milk. However, do not overdo milk because we want to taste hazelnuts and not dairy free milk.
- I have used brown sugar specifically for this recipe as its gives an extra body to this recipe. It also gives a subtle perfect sweetness to this dessert. However, start with 1 tbsp of brown sugar and then go up to 3 tbsp as per your taste.
You may store it in an air tight container at room temperature about 3 weeks.
You may serve fruits, bread sticks or spread it on toast. We simply lick it all day.
This vegan Nutella is made with raw hazelnuts which I dry roast myself. Since it consists of nuts it has good protein content and good fats. However, I add some sweetener and chocolate chips which adds to up some calories. Lastly, I stir in palm oil/Evoo which is totally optional. It enhances the looks and texture this sweet spread. So, if you skip oil at the end you again save on some calories. Moreover, it’s a dessert so once in a while you may want to indulge on your cheat days. However, everything in moderation is acceptable on a regular basis.
Since its made with a combination of chocolate and hazelnuts, it is chocolaty in tastes along with a hint of nutty flavor. Moreover, the sugar and oil add to its smooth and sweet taste.
If you are looking for more delicious chocolate based recipes:
Vegan Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Orange Ganache Protein Cookies
Apple Buckwheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
No Bake Chocolate Coconut Brownies
Chocolate Truffle Energy Bites
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp dairy free milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-3 tbsp brown sugar (as per taste)
- 1 tbsp palm oil/extra virgin olive oil
- Warm up a nonstick pan and roast hazelnuts for about 2 minutes or until you start getting its aroma.
- Place them on a kitchen towel and rub them off its skin out as much as possible (do not stress over it).
- In a microwavable bowl, melt the chocolate chips in microwave. Start with 1 minute. Take it out and whip it. Microwave it again for another 30 minutes. If you whip it and its melted then stop here or else microwave again for 15-20 seconds. (Do not over do it or else it might burn).
- Now, combine roasted and skinned hazelnuts, melted chocolate chips, cocoa power, vanilla, milk, salt and 1 tbsp brown sugar in a blender and blend it smooth. Open the lid and do a test taste. If the sweetness is enough then its ready to be served or else add another 1-2 tbsp brown sugar as per your taste and blend it absolutely smooth.
- Spoon it out, stir in palm oil/extra virgin olive oil and serve with fruits, bread sticks or as spread on toast.
- This recipe makes 1 ½ cups Nutella and serving size is 2 tbsp person.
- Make sure to use high speed blender to get the smooth texture of this Nutella or else if left chunky it will taste a lot nutty.
- You may store this Nutella in an air tight container at room temperature for about 3 weeks.
- I have mentioned the nutritional value with oil in the recipe.
- The nutritional value without oil would be: calories-186 fat-13 carb-14 protein-3.