Kidney Beans Salad with Cheesy Avocado Dressing is a scrumptious and protein rich meal. It has a distinct BBQ/smoked flavor which I created with only handful of ingredients and in less than 10 minutes.
No hassle and no smoke alarms. HAHAHHA!!!!
I am trying to be on a salad diet this summer for two reasons.
First I want to include some raw fiber into my diet.
Secondly, I don’t want to stand near the stove for hours.
Therefore, salads come to my rescue and it’s the healthiest food ever. I love salads and especially if it’s unique, quick and flavorful. It’s a bonus if some plant based protein is added to it.
This time I decided to pile on kidney beans for this salad.
How to make Avocado Dressing
I blended avocado, nutritional yeast, salt, paprika powder along with some lemon juice and water. Then I casually licked the dressing just to check on the seasonings and VOILA! It was absolutely a surprise to me.
I couldn’t believe the smoked BBQ flavor that I created without even thinking twice. My taste buds went gaga over it. I had no idea it would be so simple to create the magical taste of the dressing that I have been craving for.
How to assemble Kidney Beans Salad with Cheesy Avocado Dressing
- Firstly, I combined all the salad ingredients of my choice.
- Secondly, I tossed in the decadent dressing.
- Lastly, we devoured every bit of Kidney Beans Salad with Cheesy Avocado Dressing.
You can be as creative as possible with this salad. No doubt that it tastes even better when you add more variety of salad ingredients of your choice. You may make the cheesy avocado dressing ahead of time and refrigerate in a glass container.
Also, I tried this salad by garnishing it with a bit of vegan sour cream. It enhanced the deliciousness of Kidney Beans Salad with Cheesy Avocado Dressing.
Health Benefits of the ingredients for Kidney Beans Salad with Cheesy Avocado Dressing
Kidney beans – Being an excellent source of molybdenum kidney beans are rich in protein and extremely satisfying.
Avocado – Being the only source of monosaturated fatty acid avocados are very versatile as well as contains essential vitamins and minerals.
Nutritional yeast – A plant based food with cheesy texture and flavor. Nutritional yeast is high in B – complex vitamins.
Walnuts – Being and excellent source of anti – inflammatory omega 3 essential fatty acids walnuts are high in manganese and copper along with B vitamin.
If you are an avocado fan then you also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we love to see what you cooked.
Kidney Beans Salad with Cheesy Avocado Dressing
For the dressing
For the salad
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 2 cups cooked kidney beans (drained)
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts (halved)
- In a blender combine all the ingredients for the dressing and blend until smooth and creamy.
- In a large salad bowl combine all the salad ingredients.
- Toss in the Cheesy avocado dressing adjust salt, paprika powder and lemon juice according to taste and enjoy.
- Feel free to add more variety of salad ingredients if desired.
- The dressing can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for 3-4 days.