This creamy Simple Sweet Potato Dip is healthy and yummy. Its infused with fresh herbs making it desirable for the taste buds. Its easy to blend and is ready in only 7 minutes.
I usually avoid potatoes in my diet because of its high carbohydrate content. But sometimes, proportionate consumption of potatoes are also required to give our body a complete and balanced nutrition.
I chose sweet potatoes over other regular potatoes because these sweet potatoes are high in vitamin B6 and a good source of vitamin C. This vegetable also contains iron and most importantly Vitamin D which we in Seattle, WA, always lack due to less sunlight most of the year.
Ingredients for Simple Sweet Potato Dip
Vegan plain yogurt/non fat plain yogurt
White sesame seeds
Steps to make this easy Simple Sweet Potato Dip
In a blender combine all the ingredients and and blend it smooth. It should be creamy in consistency.
It pairs well with with healthy raw veggies or some indulgent crackers.
What I like about this it is that it can be enjoyed all year round and on all occasions.
In fact whenever I have extra sweet potatoes I blend this dip to use it up. Dips are all time favorite for every one and the easiest appetizer to be served in a short notice 🙂
FAQs for Simple Sweet Potato Dip
- It tastes best when served fresh. However, it can be chilled for few hours.
- it does have a slight rustic taste because of the combination of yogurt and jalapeno pepper.
- it pairs best with carrots or lightly salted crackers.
- I have used Tajin to flavor this dip. It has a tangy and spicy flavor to it which gives an extra punch to this recipe.
Simple Sweet Potato Dip
- 2 large red sweet potatoes (boiled and peeled)
- 1/4 cup vegan plain yogurt/non fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp tajin
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp dried chives
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 whole jalapeno pepper (tail removed)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp flax oil
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and puree smooth. (May take 2-3 minutes)
- Take it out in a serving bowl and serve at room temperature or chilled with your favorites veggies or crackers.
- This recipe yields about 2 cups.
- Feel free to use EVOO if desired instead of flax oil. However, flax oil has more nutrition and is high in Omega 3.
- This dip tastes best when served immediately. However, it can be refrigerated for few hours.
- Do not remove the seeds of jalapeno.
Sandhya Ramakrishnan says
I can eat tons of raw vegetables with a good dip. This is a good change from my favorite hummus and will definitely be trying this soon!
How much I love dips and this dip looks delicious. simple but spot on
Cheese Curd In Paradise says
What a delicious savory sweet potato dip! I love the dill, chives, and ginger! I can’t wait to give this a try to serve to my family!
Mahy Elamin says
I love sweet potatoes and this dip is the perfect dip for my veggies!
Sandhya Hariharan says
I love your creamy delicious sweet potato dip. Ideal for barbecue parties.
Thank you Sandhya. It indeed is great for Barbecue parties.
A delicious dip ready in 7 mins!!! yes that is definitely for me. It sounds so light and creamy and the sweet potato is a genius idea
Thank you Karyn. We love this dip. Hope you enjoy it too with your family.
Kacey @ The Cookie Writer says
Beautiful recipe and absolutely perfect photos!
That looks yumm.. and very simple too.
Also wanted to say thank you for stopping by and linking at the hobnob. I am also your newest follower..:)
-Priyam @ http://priyam-simplejoys.blogspot.com
Amber | Caleigh's Kitchen says
This dip sounds fantastic! Love all the flavors in it!!
Thanks for linking up in my first link party!!
Thank you Amber. It was my pleasure to be a part your link party. Its a great idea.
Noel Lizotte says
What a good idea for a party dip. Light, tasty and creamy, I’ll bet! I’ll have to give this one a try.
Thank you Noel.