This creamy Simple Sweet Potato Dip is healthy and yummy. Its infused with fresh herbs making it desirable for the taste buds. Its easy to blend and is ready in only 7 minutes.
I usually avoid potatoes in my diet because of its high carbohydrate content. But sometimes, proportionate consumption of potatoes are also required to give our body a complete and balanced nutrition.
I chose sweet potatoes over other regular potatoes because these sweet potatoes are high in vitamin B6 and a good source of vitamin C. This vegetable also contains iron and most importantly Vitamin D which we in Seattle, WA, always lack due to less sunlight most of the year.
Ingredients for Simple Sweet Potato Dip
Vegan plain yogurt/non fat plain yogurt
White sesame seeds
Steps to make this easy Simple Sweet Potato Dip
In a blender combine all the ingredients and and blend it smooth. It should be creamy in consistency.
It pairs well with with healthy raw veggies or some indulgent crackers.
What I like about this it is that it can be enjoyed all year round and on all occasions.
In fact whenever I have extra sweet potatoes I blend this dip to use it up. Dips are all time favorite for every one and the easiest appetizer to be served in a short notice 🙂
FAQs for Simple Sweet Potato Dip
- It tastes best when served fresh. However, it can be chilled for few hours.
- it does have a slight rustic taste because of the combination of yogurt and jalapeno pepper.
- it pairs best with carrots or lightly salted crackers.
- I have used Tajin to flavor this dip. It has a tangy and spicy flavor to it which gives an extra punch to this recipe.
Simple Sweet Potato Dip
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and puree smooth. (May take 2-3 minutes)
- Take it out in a serving bowl and serve at room temperature or chilled with your favorites veggies or crackers.
- This recipe yields about 2 cups.
- Feel free to use EVOO if desired instead of flax oil. However, flax oil has more nutrition and is high in Omega 3.
- This dip tastes best when served immediately. However, it can be refrigerated for few hours.
- Do not remove the seeds of jalapeno.