Quinoa Lima Beans Dill Pilaf is loaded with protein and other nutrients along with being super flavorful. The beautiful color of the ingredients are mixed together to bring out this aromatic and delectable lunch. It’s easy to cook and requires minimum ingredients.
Sometimes, it gets difficult to think about lunch. There are times when we don’t want to eat salad for lunch. However, we definitely still want to consume healthy and nutritious food.
Lunch portions are usually smaller in size and something quick. It is all the more desirable if it is grab and go.
Well, I am usually all by myself for lunch and most of the time I just try to finish up the leftovers. Of course, I try and eat salads many a times. However, sometimes energy bars come to my rescue.
I am sure many of you can relate to my situation especially moms of super active kids.
This Quinoa Lima Beans Dill Pilaf is a make – ahead recipe. I like to cook this while prepping for the entire week’s dinner. So that I can just pull it out of my refrigerator and warm it up. Next I just eat it heartily 🙂 .
This Quinoa Lima Beans Dill Pilaf requires not chopping or cutting and therefore you can easily prepare it in as a short notice as 20 minutes. Isn’t that something you would really fall for?
Well, I am all over this dish.
How to make Quinoa Lima Beans Dill Pilaf
- When I tossed in the aromatic cinnamon stick in warm olive oil my kitchen smelled delicious.
- Thereafter, I sauteed blanched lima beans and threw some spices like turmeric powder, cumin powder, chili powder, cardamom powder into it. This dish made me hungrier.
- Afterwards, I tossed in some fresh dill. Well, at this point this recipe became irresistible. The aroma of fresh dill was simply mouthwatering.
- Lastly, I folded in cooked quinoa and seasoned with salt.
The dish was soon ready and I hungrily ate it all. Its beautiful color and the delicious flavors just made me extremely happy and satisfied.
Now, I can confidently say that lunches don’t have to boring and same every day. It’s easy to bring a change to your noon meals.
Simply toss some Quinoa Lima Beans Dill Pilaf and enjoy your afternoons like never before.
You may also like:
Teriyaki Tofu Quinoa Power Bowl
Cheesy Lentil Quinoa Vegan Casserole
One Pot Jackfruit Quinoa Pilaf
No Bake Chocolate Coconut Quinoa Brownies
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
Quinoa Lima Beans Dill Pilaf
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 1 cup frozen Lima beans (defrosted and blanched)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill herb
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (as per package instruction)
- Salt as per taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add cinnamon stick to it.
- Immediately add Lima beans and saute for 1 minute.
- Add turmeric powder, cumin powder, chili powder, cardamom powder and mix well for 30 seconds.
- Add fresh dill and mix.
- Fold in cooked quinoa and salt and let it cook covered for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and serve warm with vegan plain yogurt sprinkle with crushed chili flakes.
Would have never thought to put these together! Looks yummy!
This sounds great! I have never tried lima beans, but since I love beans, I bet I would like them!
I am sure you would love them. Its a must try recipe.
Maggie Unzueta says
Looks delicious. I’m a big quinoa fan.
I love quinoa too. I eat it almost everyday.