No Bake Chocolate Coconut Quinoa Brownies is the healthiest choice anyone can ever make. These are nutrient dense brownies with protein, complex carbohydrates, fiber, good fat, vitamins and minerals.
As the name itself describes everything! What do I say? Moreover, they fulfill the desire to eat brownies for snacks.
These brownies serve well for in – between meal snacks and or to enjoy as dessert after meal. These appetizing healthy brownies are my family’s latest addiction.
Last week was Yashvi’s mid-winter break from school. As most of you may have experienced with preschoolers they want more variety of food and even more activities.
Before going on the break I and Yashvi made a deal to eat healthier for the entire week. I made these brownies may be like 4 times with different measurements and appearances.
However, she approved of this recipe finally. She was my recipe taster for the entire week. I was super happy because kids never lie. If she doesn’t like any of my recipes she says that on my face. So, when she loved and got excited with these brownies I knew it’s worth sharing.
No Bake Chocolate Coconut Quinoa Brownies are definitely a kid friendly snack/dessert but serves well to grown-ups too. Especially, if they are health conscious and constantly looking for healthy in between meal snacks.
Ingredients for No Bake Chocolate Coconut Quinoa Brownies
Unsweetened coconut flakes
Unsweetened cocoa powder
Pure maple syrup
Dairy free chocolate chips
I have made a few no bake bites earlier with some unique combinations. Nonetheless, this one is by far the best. You know why? Because these have chocolate in them. I used dairy free mini chocolate chips for this recipe. You may use your choice of chocolate chips. I would recommend dark chocolate chips though. If you use regular dark chocolate chips then you may start with half a cup and then gradually increase the measurement as per your desired taste.
These brownies are super easy to make without any mess. All you need in one food processor and a pan.
The raw ingredients hold more nutrition and more taste. This recipe can be made with leftover quinoa or you may cook fresh quinoa.
Just make sure to boil the quinoa in a little extra water to soften a bit more for this recipe.
These No Bake Chocolate Coconut Quinoa Brownies stay good for 4-5 days and can be made in small badges to be enjoyed often.
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with your ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram because we would love to see what you cooked.
No Bake Chocolate Coconut Quinoa Brownies
- In a food processor combine dates, coconut flakes and cocoa powder. Pulse until it starts to form dough.
- Take the sticky dough out in a large bowl. In another bowl combine cooked quinoa, maple syrup and salt. Mix with a spoon.
- Now, with your hands mix the quinoa mixture into the pulsed coconut dates.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl for 1 – 1 ½ minutes, stirring at intervals. You may melt the chocolate chips in a double broiler as well.
- Lastly, pour in the melted chocolate and mix very well again. Take a square/rectangle pan and grease it lightly. Press the brownie dough gently with your palm and shape it according to your pan.
- Garnish with some more coconut flakes and freeze it for 15 minutes.
- Take it out and cut into desired pieces.
- Refrigerate it for future use in an air tight glass container. Stays good for 4-5 days.