These soft and fluffy melt in mouth Chickpea Flour Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes are made with all the nutritious ingredients.
The combination of gluten free chickpea flour, along with fresh ground peanut butter and sweetened with pure maple syrup and a banana is one of my favorite breakfast.
It is indeed a dream to eat a warm breakfast on a weekday especially if it is a Monday! Aha! I guess no Monday blues then? What do you say???
Anyway, I love some sweet yet healthy and protein rich warm breakfast. To top it all pancakes are the most desirable option for my breakfast/brunch meal.
Since I am on a high protein diet I wanted to add protein in my regular pancakes. Also, I wanted to try gluten free pancakes that’s not made of any nut flour. Basically, my taste buds were looking for a big change and a variety.
In India chickpea flour (besan) is quite a common flour that is very high in protein and yet gluten free. My mother makes lot of sweet and savory dishes with it. Also, whenever we try to follow healthy diet chickpea flour (besan) is our first option.
Therefore, I decided to try chickpea flour for my sweet pancakes. I must say these pancakes turned out to be my very best creation.
These Protein Pancakes are moist, soft and fluffy. These pancakes are very easy to make. Even though the ingredients are all gluten free they bind pretty well. I was amazed at how nicely these pancakes rise when I spread the batter in the crepe pan.
Ingredients for Chickpea Flour Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes
Unsweetened almond milk
Fresh ground peanut butter
Pure maple syrup
These Protein Pancakes have recently topped my breakfast menu. I am happy with the fact that I can enjoy them even on a weekday. They are super simple and easy to make.
These pancakes are satisfying and keeps tummy full for longer. This way we make right choices of food for the rest of the day.
I am sure you will love these pancakes as much as we did!
Chickpea Flour Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup fresh ground peanut butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 whole banana (mashed)
- In a large mixing bowl combine chickpea flour, baking powder and salt. Then, mix it very well until all the ingredients are well blended.
- In another large mixing bowl combine almond milk, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk it extremely well until no lumps are left. (this may take about 2-3 minutes)
- Then pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients along with mashed banana (as shown in the video above).
- Whisk is very nicely until a batter is formed (as shown in the video above)
- Heat a nonstick crepe pan and grease it. Pour about ¼ cup of the batter onto the pan. Let it cook until the pancake rises and form small holes. Flip it to the other side and cook again until light golden – brown in color. Repeat the same process for the entire batch of the batter.
- Serve these warm with your choice of toppings.
- This recipe makes about 6 pancakes and the serving size is 2 pancakes each person.
- These pancakes are also make-ahead breakfast/brunch. They stay good in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. Simply warm them in a microwave and add your choice of toppings.
- These pancakes tastes best with a dollop of peanut butter and lots of berries. These pancakes are sweet enough but you may pour some more maple syrup as per your taste.