This naturally sweetened Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce is a must have on your Thanksgiving dinner table. It’s very simple and vegan plus has no added sugar. It has a nice tart and a bit tangy taste yet perfectly sweet in the same bite.
Yes, you heard it right…it is made with no added sugar. Instead I used dates which is by far the healthiest sweetener option. Its natural too and is a member of dry fruits. It’s the simplest and the most delectable sauce I have tried so far.
You may have tried the canned ones or looked through many cranberry sauce recipes online but I assure you that this one by far the best.
Moreover, it is made in instant pot which is a plus since we want to simplify our cooking these days. However, I have provided a stove top option in the recipe card below for your convenience.
Also, I am happy with the fact that Yashvi loved this sauce and approved it instantly.
So, here I am sharing the details of this cranberry sauce.
Ingredients you will need
- Cinnamon stick
- Orange zest
I have used these easily available ingredients which you may buy from any local grocery store. However, I have provided links to few of them for your convenience.
If you plan to buy them through these affiliate links then I get a small commission which in turn encourages me to bring in more delicious recipes for you all.
- Dates – it is a natural sweetener and is a member of dry fruits. It is also whole food and extremely nutritious. Along with being high in fiber and fights diseases due to its antioxidant properties. It boosts natural labor and promotes brain health.
- Orange – its high in vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants. It is also a great source for hydration.
- Cranberries – these are superfood that helps in treating urine infection and other bladder related problems. It also slows down the growth of cancer and reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Cinnamon – it has medicinal properties and is high in antioxidants. It is also a great anti-inflammatory and helps in improving the sensitivity to hormone insulin.
So, thereby, you must have noted that I have used few and very simple ingredients in this recipe of cranberry sauce. It’s the simplest comfort side food that you may serve at any time.
How to make Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce
Firstly, I soaked dates in warm water. In the meanwhile, I rinsed the cranberries in a colander.
Secondly, I drained the dates and combined them in the blender along with the orange and water. Then, I blended it smooth and kept it aside. You may strain it if desired.
Next, in the inner pot of the instant pot I combined all the ingredients including the blended dates and I closed the lid. Then, I sealed the valve and turned it on at manual high for 5 minutes.
Once done, I released its pressure and opened the lid. Then, I stirred in orange zest and served.
Voila!!! We loved and licked this sauce all day.
Its beautiful red pink color and the tangy tart flavor simply made our day.
So, by now you must have noticed that I made this sauce with only 7 ingredients, in one pot and few easy steps.
Its perfect as a side or simply top it over any savory dish.
- Soak dates in very warm water for only 3-4 minutes because we need to soften them. Then, drain it.
- It is important to use high powered blender to smoothen the date paste. Also, if you use regular blender then strain it using the sieve/strainer. This recipe of cranberry sauce will still taste amazing.
- Stir and then cook in the instant pot so that once cooked all the ingredients are well blended.
Therefore, you must have gone through the steps and tips by now to make this recipe perfectly. I am sure you are absolutely wanting to make it ASAP. So, without waiting further, I would insist you to gather your ingredients and get started.
It’s delicious, versatile and absolutely crowd pleasing. Moreover, its healthy so therefore, it fits into most diet types.
This can be stored in the refrigerator in an air tight container for about 3 weeks.
Yes, I used dates to naturally sweeten this recipe instead of any added processed sugar. Also, I have used all the whole food ingredients and therefore, this is a healthy cranberry sauce.
Yes, firstly, blend dates as explained in the steps below. Then, combine all the ingredients (except orange zest) in a Dutch oven or stock pot and cook covered for about 10-15 minutes ate medium-high flame or until cranberries are cooked and mushy. Now, with the help of food masher mash the cranberries a bit and stir in orange zest. Feel free to take out cinnamon stick before serving.
It is mostly used as a topping or as a jam. I personally like it over my toast or on my sweetened vegan yogurt. You may top it over your vegan meat or simply use as a spread in your sandwich. It can used in desserts or simply as dip for your cheese or crackers.
I guarantee this recipe is far better than the store-bought ones. Also, the grocery stores are flooded with fresh cranberries right now so grab your pack quickly.
I have already made this recipe so many times, in fact I already have a batch in the refrigerator right now. So, it’s your turn to make it and enjoy this side sauce with your family and friends.
You may also like:
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram with your recipe image because we would love to see what you cooked.
If you desire to explore more delicious recipes of mine then you may checkout my cookbooks.
Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce
- Drain the soaked dates and combine it with orange and 1 cup water in a blender. Blend it smooth.
- Now, combine cranberries, cinnamon stick, salt, remaining ½ cup water and blended dates in the inner pot of instant pot and stir.
- Close the lid and seal the valve. Turn it on at manual high for 5 minutes. Let it pressure cook. Once done, release the quick pressure and open the lid. Stir in orange zest and mash it roughly with a food masher. Feel free to take out the cinnamon stick before serving.
- Soak the dates only of 3-4 minutes or until they are soft so blending is easy.
- If not using high powered blender then you may strain the date paste with the help of a sieve/strainer.
- This sauce would be tart and a bit tangy. If desired you may add sugar as per your taste. However, taste test before adding sweetener because the dates sweetened this sauce nicely while retaining the original taste of cranberries.
- This sauce can be refrigerated for about 3 weeks in an air tight container.
- For stove top option: follow step 1. Then, combine all the ingredients (except orange zest) in a Dutch oven or a stock pot and cook covered for 10-5 minutes or until cranberries are mushy. Turn it off and mash them with a food masher. Then stir in orange zest and serve or store. Feel free to take the cinnamon stick out before serving.