These soft and melt in mouth yet nutritious Cranberry Chia Muffins are so perfect for the holidays. Its made with fresh cranberries and super-food chia seeds. Along with being vegan and gluten free these are guilt free.
It’s unbelievable that already the time to bid farewell to the wonderful year 2016 is approaching and we are in the last month of the year.
This year has been adventurous for me in many ways. With Yashvi’s new school, her broken arm incident, then renovating a small part of our home and spending happy times with my family back in India I am going to remember good and bad, all the moments forever.
This Christmas our extended families are visiting us for Christmas and we friends have decided to take turns to host some parties/get together in everyone’s house this holiday and make the most of the rest of the month.
Having said this I think December is the official month to indulge in desserts guilt free and while we wait for our favorite Santa Clause to come through the clouds in his sledge with the surprise presents and ringing the bell OH! OH! OH!
I tried some gluten free vegan muffins to give him a break from cookies 🙂
Ingredients for Cranberry Chia Muffins
How to make Cranberry Chia Muffins
- Firstly soak chia seeds i warm water and keep it aside.
- Secondly soak fresh cranberries in maple syrup and keep it aside also.
- In a mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- In a blender combine banana, olive oil, banana and soaked chia cheese. Blend it smooth.
- Now whip up wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Lastly, fol in soaked cranberries.
- Thereafter, pour the batter in the prepared muffin tray and bake them in a preheated oven for 40 minutes oruntil the tester comes out clean.
- Make sure to get the right measurements.
- Dip your measuring cup directly into the container for almond flour.
- These muffins tastes best when eaten fresh out of the oven. However, refrigerate the leftovers for 5-7 days in an air tight container.
- Since I have used fresh cranberries these muffins have a mild tangy taste.
My other popular cranberry recipes are:
My other chia seed recipes are:
My other muffin recipes:
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments and also rate this recipe. You may also tag @kiipfit on Instagram as I would love to see what you cooked.
Cranberry Chia Muffins
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large bananas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Soak chia seeds in the warm water and keep it aside.
- Soak fresh cranberries in maple syrup and keep it aside.
- Preheat oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit and prepare a muffin tray with a greased liner.
- In a mixing bowl combine almond flour, baking soda and salt. Mix with a spoon until there are no lumps.
- In a blender combine bananas, vanilla extract, olive oil and soaked chia seeds and blend smooth.
- Now, pour the blended liquid into the dry ingredients and whip it with a spoon or a wired whip.
- Lastly add the soaked cranberries (along the maple syrup in them) and fold it gently.
- Now, pour the batter into 9 muffin cups and place the muffin tray at the bottom rack of the oven. Bake for 40 – 42 minutes or until the tester comes out clean.
- Turn off the oven and Take out the muffin tray from the oven and let it cool completely before serving.