Carrot Orange Spring Smoothie is a refreshing and hydrating beverage. It is perfect for the sunny weather and is loaded with nutrition and vitamin C. It is also a great way to boost your immunity during the allergy/flu season.
I love to hydrate myself with smoothie after my every workout. It simply replenishes me with immense energy and much required nutrition. Smoothies are a great way to include fiber, protein, good fat and carbohydrate which is absolutely required for our body recovery after an intense workout.
Ingredients for Carrot Orange Spring Smoothie
Therefore, this smoothie requires just few simple ingredients and one step of blending. It’s easy, simple, quick and nourishing as well.
Smoothies are my favorite go to breakfast and I love to experiment it with different ingredients. I usually find ways to add veggies in my smoothies but if its fruit loaded then it’s absolutely delicious. However, I sneaked in carrots in this smoothie to add some veggies and vitamin A into it.
I love the fact that smoothies are so easy to blend. It’s just a combination of few ingredients especially if you are cleaning up your refrigerator. Smoothies are a great way to use up leftover fruits and veggies.
It is easy to be creative with smoothies especially the presentation part. I love to garish it with different seeds and nuts to make it wholesome and look pretty at the same time. My family loves this Carrot Orange Spring Smoothie and most importantly my bloved kindergartner approved. It is always a pleasure to test my recipes on my little one. This way I get some new ideas to introduce healthy ingredients into the kid’s diet so mommies could be happier 🙂
If you make this recipe then please remember to rate it. Also, leave your feedback in the comments below the post to let me know how it turned out for you.
Carrot Orange Spring Smoothie
- 1 small mandarin orange (peeled and deseeded)
- 6-7 baby carrots
- 1/2 cup mango chunks
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup crushed ice/cold water
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (for garnishing)
- 2 tbsp slivered almond (for garnishing)
- In a blender combine orange, mango chunks, baby carrots, almond milk, crushed ice and sweetener if desired.
- Blend it smooth.
- Pour the smoothie in serving glasses and top it with slivered almonds and chia seeds and enjoy immediately.
- You may add sweetener after blending the smoothie to make sure I you want it in I your smoothie at all. For me the sweetness of the fruits was perfect so I did not need any sweetener.
This recipe was originally published on March, 2014.