This creamy Banana Almond Butter Smoothie is rich, thick and a protein packed breakfast. It’s the most refreshing grab and go meal for busy mornings. It comes together in less than 5 minutes and is made with only 5 ingredients.
Hence, I had to bring in almond butter to my breakfast menu as well and I decided to blend banana and almond butter together into a smoothie.
Therefore, this vegan banana almond butter smoothie came into our menu and now its frequent because I blend it almost every day.
My kids love it also and its so nourishing and loaded with nutrition.
Health benefits of almond butter
Its high in monounsaturated fats that helps to lower LDL and raise HDL. Hence, it balances the cholesterol levels quite effectively. It contains healthy omega 3 fatty acids and promotes bone health. It is also a good source of potassium and vitamin E.
Therefore, this smoothie recipe promotes good health and keeps you full for longer. Its dairy free and nutty in flavor. It’s packed with calcium, fiber and protein.
Ingredients for healthy banana almond butter smoothie
I have used these easily available ingredients which I am sure you must already be having in your kitchen. So, you must blend this ASAP.
Banana – ripe banana which has brown spots on its skin would work best here as its going to be sweet. Over ripe banana will make it bitter and would not bring out the same taste and texture. However, use the banana that’s sitting on your counter and not frozen banana.
Almond butter – read the label to make sure that its pure almond butter. It should not be flavored or sweetened.
Chia seeds – I added this in the banana almond smoothie to increase its protein and fiber content and make it super healthy.
Hempseeds – this adds more nutrition and protein along with fiber to this smoothie.
Almond milk – hemp milk or oat milk also works great but I kept it simple by blending it with almond milk.
For detailed measurement of ingredients, please scroll down to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to make Banana Almond Butter Smoothie
Firstly, I added all the ingredients in the blender.
Secondly, I blended it smooth until it was thick and creamy.
Next, I poured it in the serving glasses.
Lastly, I drizzled a bit more almond butter and sprinkled some hempseeds and served immediately.
You may also top it with sliced almonds or more chia seeds if desired.
- You may add your favorite plant-based protein powder to increase its nutrition and protein.
- You may switch almond butter with peanut butter or sunflower seeds butter.
- sometimes, I like to add pitted dates or date syrup to sweeten it naturally as per your taste.
- Make sure to add almond milk first to the blender for the smooth blending process.
- Blend it for at least 2 minutes at high speed for the ultimate creamy texture. If needed you may pause and scrape down any almond butter sticking to the blender and blend again for the best results.
This taste best when served immediately. If kept for longer time it this banana almond smoothie recipe might lose its taste and texture.
Yes! It’s an energy booster and nutrient packed beverage made with natural and whole food ingredients.
It has a prominent nutty taste along with being sweet because of banana. It has the benefits of the seeds but if you blend well, you won’t taste it. Almond milk also blends in a subtle way with almond butter thereby complimenting its taste. Overall, it has a nice creamy texture making it more attractive and desirable.
My other smoothie recipes that you might like:
This post may contain affiliate links which means that if you click on them and also make a purchase, I will get a small commission. Moreover, I share only those products which I use personally and love.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. I am very excited to hear back from you.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with a 5-star rating.
In addition, you may checkout my cookbook for everyday comfort vegan recipes.
Banana Almond Butter Smoothie
- In a blender combine smoothie ingredients (banana, almond butter, hempseeds, chia seeds, almond milk). Blend it smooth.
- Pour it in the serving glasses and garnish as per your choice. Serve immediately.
- Make sure to use ripe banana that has brown spots on its skin. Do not use over ripe banana for this smoothie recipe. Use the banana at room temperature and not frozen banana.
- The nutritional information is provided without garnishes so it will vary depending on your choice of garnishes.