This spicy Almond Butter Vegetable Stir Fry Noodles is bursting with flavors and is a family favorite. Its an easy and quick weeknight meal that is a crowd pleaser at the same time.
I make this stir fry noodles quite often. Its so easy that I simply toss it with whatever veggies are sitting in my refrigerator. Basically, it is a no fuss recipe and gives you enough space to be creative. The best part that I like about this recipe is, you may use any veggies of your choice. You may even add mushrooms if desire.
Sometimes, I add vegan proteins like tofu in it to make this stir fry noodle recipe even more wholesome and satisfying.
After innumerable practices I am here to share this awesome vegetable stir fry noodles recipe with you.
Ingredients for Almond Butter Vegetable Stir Fry Noodles
Sugar snap peas
Colored bell peppers
I have used these easily available ingredients in this recipe which you may buy in any local grocery store. However, I have provided links to few of them for your convenience.
If you plan to buy from those affiliate links then I get a small commission which in turn encourages me to bring more delicious recipe for you all.
- Almond butter – I used absolutely unflavored one so as to retain the taste of the veggies in this recipe. It makes this stir fry creamy and gives a subtle nutty flavor which in turn makes it even more delicious and nutrition packed.
- Soy sauce – I like to use low sodium soy sauce to reduce the sodium content of any recipe. Dark or light, any soy sauce can be used in this recipe. But make sure to adjust the salt as per taste.
- Ramen noodles– I used the healthy ones that’s available in Costco which is made from brown rice and millet, thereby, making this recipe gluten free. However, you may use any ramen noodles.
I made it very easily and quick but if you are looking for a variation then I like this recipe from Veggies Don’t Bite. I like her idea of tossing it with peanut sauce which inclines it to more of an Asian dish. Whereas, mine is more of a fusion dish.
How to make Almond Butter Vegetable Stir Fry Noodles
Firstly, I heated oil in a wok and sautéed garlic in it. Then, I flavored it with herbs and almond butter.
Secondly, I sauteed onions in it followed by seasoning it with soy sauce, vinegar and sriracha sauce.
Next, I tossed in all the vegetables and added salt as per taste.
Lastly, I folded in the boiled noodles and garnished.
We totally loved it hot from the wok. However, for the kids I reduced the spice level so they can also enjoy equally.
In just few steps this family friendly noodle recipe gets ready. It is almost a one pot dish. So, there is minimum after dinner dishes and cleaning which calls for extended family time before bed.
- In order to get non sticky noodles, you may start boiling the water and immediately start heating and flavoring the oil in the wok. Add the noodles to the boiling water and simultaneously, sauté the veggies. As soon as you drain the noodles put them directly in the wok.
- It is important to make sure that the garlic does not burn. So Therefore, as soon as the oil is hot you may want to turn off the flame for few seconds until you get the right color of garlic and turn it back on thereafter.
- Once the noodles are mixed in with veggies serve this dish immediately. If you let it sit the noodles might start getting sticky.
I bet this is the easiest and the tastiest stir fry noodles recipe that you may have come across. It has balanced nutrition and perfect for all ages.
This recipe tastes best when served immediately.
There are 2 ways to avoid sticking. First, while boiling the noodles you may add little oil to the boiled water and cook noodles in it. Secondly, drain the noodles and immediately toss it in the stir fry and serve. However, I personally prefer the second option so as to save on the oil calories and fat.
I have made this recipe with ramen noodles. However, you may use any noodles of your choice.
Yes, I would recommend it to re-heat in a microwave at high for 1 minutes. So that the noodles remain soft and the vegetables are not over cooked.
So, by now you must have realized that this is an easy – peasy – breezy stir fry recipe with delicious flavors and awesome aroma. It is an Asian fusion recipe that is satisfying and comforting at the same time.
I am sure you must already be having all the ingredients at home so why wait? I would insist you to get started with this noodle stir fry because you may not want to miss out on the delicious flavors.
Therefore, in about 20 minutes you may serve this lip smacking and delectable vegetable stir fry noodles recipe to your family, which means it can be made in a short notice and without too much planning.
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments below along with the ratings. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram with your recipe image because we would love to see what you cooked.
If you desire to explore more delicious recipes of mine then you may check out my cookbooks.
Almond Butter Vegetable Stir Fry Noodles
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp crushed chili flakes
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup julienne/sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green bell pepper
- Salt as per taste
- 2 cakes of Ramen noodles (boiled and drained)
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1/2 tsp white sesame seeds (optional)
- Heat oil in wok and saute garlic until crispy and golden in color. Add oregano, chili flakes and almond butter to it and stir.
- Saute onions in it for 2 minutes or until golden in color. Season it with soy sauce, vinegar, sriracha sauce.
- Fold in all the vegetables (broccoli, sugar snap peas, carrots, bell peppers). And cook for 3-4 minutes or until semi soft and add salt in it.
- Toss in ramen noodles and mix well. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds and serve hot.
- I have used healthy ramen noodles that made from brown rice and millet which makes this recipe gluten free also. However, you may use any. If you are using the instant ramen then just remove the seasonings.
- Almond butter should be absolutely unflavored. Check the ingredients and it should say only roasted almonds. It should not contain salt or sugar at all.
- Variation: After mixing sauteing onions in step 2 toss extra firm tofu pieces. Mix and let it cook until there is no raw taste in tofu. Then follow the rest of the steps.
- This recipe taste best when served immediately.