This Almond Butter Hemp Smoothie is creamy, slightly thick and absolutely a delectable refreshment. It replenishes well after a workout and helps regain the energy as well as serves as a nutritious breakfast.
It is not only refreshing but it tastes outstanding. The combination of ingredients in this smoothie is super filing.
At the same time it also suffices perfectly as a breakfast or as a post workout replenishment beverage. Especially if you are not a protein powder/shake kind of a person then this almond butter smoothie is definitely your call.
I simply love it and often enjoy it after my workouts.
My other easy smoothie recipes are:
If you plan to explore further with almond butter then you must try my almond butter cookies.
However, today I am sharing this almond butter hemp smoothie recipe.
Ingredients you will need:
- Hemp milk
- Almond butter
- Hemp seeds
- Crushed ice
I have used these easily available ingredients which you may buy from any local grocery store. However, I have provided links to few of them here for your convenience.
If you plan to buy from these affiliate links then I get a small commission which in turn encourages me to bring in more delicious recipes for you all.
- hemp milk – even though nay other dairy free milk can be used in this recipe but hemp milk works the best here. Its creamy and higher in protein comparatively and low in calories.
- dates – it high in fiber and a natural sweetener. Moreover, its a great substitute to banana.
- almond butter – I used the one that has no added sugar and no oil and most importantly no flavor. It adds healthy fats to this smoothie recipe.
- hemp seeds – its a vegan superfood that is high in protein and fiber.
How to make almond butter hemp smoothie
Firstly, I combined all the ingredients in a blender and blended it smooth.
Secondly, I poured it in the serving glasses and garnished it with more hempseeds.
Lastly, I served it immediately.
It was an instant hit and family devoured every sip of it.
For me personally, it was a satisfying post workout replenishment.
Sometimes, when I am running out of time I quickly blend this smoothie and fuel myself in the early morning hours.
I also experimented by refrigerating this smoothie for a couple of days. I have to say, it worked out extremely well for me. It only required to be whipped with a spoon.
So, simply enjoy directly from the refrigerator as a make – ahead smoothie.
This cold, buttery and protein smoothie is my all-time favorite beverage.
- For the best results it is important to blend the crushed ice with the smoothie. However, first blend the smoothie ingredients, then pause and add crushed ice. This would give a nice thick and cold beverage.
- For a smoothie bowl consistency, refrigerate it overnight and treat it like a make-ahead smoothie.
it tastes best when served immediately. However, it can refrigerated overnight to enjoy it as a smoothie bowl.
It has healthy fats and is high in protein. It has no added sugar and I have used all the natural ingredients that comes under whole food category.
You may blend 1 ripe banana to substitute dates.
I would highly recommend you to quickly blend and taste it yourself. This smoothie has become my favorite.
I guarantee once you get hooked on to this vegan almond butter hemp smoothie then its going to be a regular in your house as it is in mine.
Moreover, its my kid’s favorite. even though she is not a nutty person yet she loved this smoothie and wants it almost everyday.
Therefore, I am sure your family would love it immensely.
Yashvi relishes this smoothie and it is her favorite after school snack at least 3 times a week 🙂
Did you make it?
If you get a chance to make this recipe then please leave your feedback in the comments along with a 5-star rating. In addition, you may tag @kiipfit on Instagram along with your recipe remake images because we would love to see what to cooked.
Almond Butter Hemp Smoothie
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend it smooth.
- Pour in the serving glasses and enjoy.
- If you don’t want to use crushed ice you can leave it and blend rest of the ingredients. Do not add cold water or else the smoothie will become too thin. Instead t is better to use cold hemp milk for this recipe.
- I used fresh ground almond butter for this recipe. However, any almond butter can be used for this smoothie recipe. The nutritional value may differ in this case.